• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

wat marks i need..... (1 Viewer)

az8

HSC
if i want a uai of 80-85... wat marks do i need???
im doing bio, chem, business studies, std eng and 2u maths....
someone gimme an answer plz?

HSC
It depends on so many things, your school, your ranks etc.

Just do your best, that's really the only advice anyone can give you. If you only want to achieve the bare minimum for what you think you need it won't end well.

HSC
i just put the basic uai and marks into sam..... this is not going into school/ranks, just basic marks..... and to get 85 you'd need about an 82 average and toget 80 about a 78 average

WannaBang?

HSC
aussiechick007 said:
i just put the basic uai and marks into sam..... this is not going into school/ranks, just basic marks..... and to get 85 you'd need about an 82 average and toget 80 about a 78 average
What sort of marks would I need to be averaging in each course in order to achieve a HSC mark of 82 for every subject? I'm doing Stnd English, 2u Maths, Legal Studies, Business Studies, Economics and Studies of Religion.

Thanks a heap!

Last edited:

runnable

HSC
WannaBang? said:
What sort of marks would I need to be averaging in each course in order to achieve a HSC mark of 82 for every subject? I'm doing Stnd English, 2u Maths, Legal Studies, Business Studies, Economics and Studies of Religion.

Thanks a heap!

That depends on your ability, and/or your school if you are not coming first/second in your school.

WannaBang?

HSC
runnable said:
That depends on your ability, and/or your school if you are not coming first/second in your school.
I'm pretty smart, I go to a school ranked top 50, and I'm not exactly coming 1st and 2nd but I am always over the average. Does that help?

runnable

HSC
The "pretty smart" bit doesnt help ;)

The median UAI of your school is probably around 80? You should be ok to get around 80 with your ranks.

WannaBang?

HSC
runnable said:
The "pretty smart" bit doesnt help ;)

The median UAI of your school is probably around 80? You should be ok to get around 80 with your ranks.
Cool. I only need 80-85% for my UAI and a band 5 or 6 in Legal Studies to do my dream course. I want to do the exact same course as you but at UWS. I need a UAI of 90% but if I get a band 5 or 6 in legal studies, I get an extra 10 UAI points. Thanks for that!

P.S. Yeah, the median is probably around the 80% range.

az8

HSC
i put my marks into the sam and it says a uai of 55!?!? wtf??
if i take average of my subjects its in the 70's..omg>>

lionking1191

HSC
your school mark means nothing. it's your relative rank amongst your cohort and the level at which your cohort performs in the hsc that determines your assessment mark

michael1990

HSC
lionking1191 said:
your school mark means nothing. it's your relative rank amongst your cohort and the level at which your cohort performs in the hsc that determines your assessment mark
School marks do mean something. You want the whole cohort to be close.

michael1990

HSC
veloc1ty said:
It depends on so many things, your school, your ranks etc.

Just do your best, that's really the only advice anyone can give you. If you only want to achieve the bare minimum for what you think you need it won't end well.
Doesn't depend on your school. In relation to an estimation of your UAI your school rank may be needed.

Just make sure your ranks are top 5 in every subject. If you're not coming first (get there) or make the marks seperating you and the top small.

And try for the highest marks you can possibly achieve.
So top 90s. You would get a nice UAI.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)