Weddings (1 Viewer)

rozymisty

HSC
Just a general question, what do you guys think about the myth that the single chick who catches the brides bouquet will be the next one in that room to get hitched?

The reason Im asking is coz my bro got married last night and the first toss didnt go well, it went to the brides flatmate/best friend but she dropped it/didnt fully catch it, so they re-tosed and I caught it, which I certainly wasnt expecting at all.

Ironically my friend tried to hook me up with a friend of hers, and we went to dinner as a group, and I said yes i wanted to date the guy, but then after i said i was too busy working shiftwork and stuff, the guy said that he didnt htink it would work out, so yeah i assumed he didnt want to date me. My friend then said that he was asking about me on NYE and stuff and how he realy liked me and wanted to go out wtih me etc etc.

And being at a wedding, naturally i was thinking aobut wanting a boyfriend and like how im nearly 24 tick tick etc etc. Sure ive had guy friends but not really a relationship. Sad yes i know so dont pay me out-imreally shy and have confidence issues.

So yeah i think i want to hook up iwth this guy, coz he's funny andyeah nice.....

But yeah do you think its true that the person who catches the bouquetwill be the next one to get married?

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
rozymisty said:
Just a general question, what do you guys think about the myth that the single chick who catches the brides bouquet will be the next one in that room to get hitched?
Are you serious? You're a fucking idiot, why don't you just ask if the boogie man, the tooth fair or jesus are real.

And the rest of your post is just as crap. It's some inane gossipy story that went nowhere.

If you want to vent over something don't start a new thread, write a blog for christ's sake, because we don't want this shit here.

DeathB4Life

Bánned
HSC
dont over analyze the act of catching some flowers

if you want to meet someone then the best way to do it is to just go for it.

edit: you obviously are interested in the guy and by the sound of it hes interested in you. thats generally a good start.

Last edited:

rozymisty

HSC
jumb said:
Are you serious? You're a fucking idiot, why don't you just ask if the boogie man, the tooth fair or jesus are real.

And the rest of your post is just as crap. It's some inane gossipy story that went nowhere.

If you want to vent over something don't start a new thread, write a blog for christ's sake, because we don't want this shit here.
your the idiot!!

uhawww

Flakes
HSC
Nah I kinda like reading these vents, entertaining.

In response to the question, it is a silly thing to think is true. But I dunno, maybe it'll bring you some good luck or some confidence.

Lebstr

HSC
honesty tht was just stupid!
u really like this guy, so ur using this flower tossing thingy
as an excuse or sum sort of satsfaction to get to him :S

Steth0scope

HSC
N/A
Leave her alone. People are allowed to have their own superstitions / luck charm thingis OK! FAR OUT! OK! FAR OUT! OK!

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
Now, what is a wedding? Well, Webster's Dictionary describes a wedding as, "The process of removing weeds from one's garden."

Kirsty Xx

That's the price we pay
HSC
rozymisty said:

The reason Im asking is coz my bro got married last night and the first toss didnt go well, it went to the brides flatmate/best friend but she dropped it/didnt fully catch it, so they re-tosed and I caught it, which I certainly wasnt expecting at all.

Ironically my friend tried to hook me up with a friend of hers, and we went to dinner as a group, and I said yes i wanted to date the guy, but then after i said i was too busy working shiftwork and stuff, the guy said that he didnt htink it would work out, so yeah i assumed he didnt want to date me. My friend then said that he was asking about me on NYE and stuff and how he realy liked me and wanted to go out wtih me etc etc.

And being at a wedding, naturally i was thinking aobut wanting a boyfriend and like how im nearly 24 tick tick etc etc. Sure ive had guy friends but not really a relationship. Sad yes i know so dont pay me out-imreally shy and have confidence issues.

So yeah i think i want to hook up iwth this guy, coz he's funny andyeah nice.....

But yeah do you think its true that the person who catches the bouquetwill be the next one to get married?
Traditional myths like this are still around for people like you.

Evilo

HSC
jumb said:
hahahaha you beat me to it jumb!

rozymisty you will fail at life. I'm sure you'll be waiting for your whole life for a man to "sweep" you off your feet. Face it - it's the 21st century

Last edited:

Evilo

HSC
rozymisty said:
Actually last time i was reading my Old Wives Tales Book, i think it mentioned something about the person catching the bouquet being the next person to get raped. But you know... i dont believe in fate... who am i to judge?

K

katie_tully

I read 'Just a general question' and saw there was a freakin essay attached, thus I didn't bother reading the general question.

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
shit thread is shit. How foolish do you have to be to beleive in such a myth? maybe you should hang around other like minded people, like 5 year olds who havent figured out that santa is their dad after he has had some holiday spirits.

I vote we give scientologists this girls number, she is bound to beleive their shit.

rozymisty

HSC
no i was planning to go out with this guy wheter or not i got the bloody bouquet. it was kinda retorical question....forget about it and grow up. I was just generally sharing the fact that I caught the bouquet and it was nice and stuff, andthat no i didnt believe in the fact that the girl who gets it, will get married next. Eg the 2 girls who caught the bouqets at both my cousins weddinhgs arent married yet so yeah.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)