• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Weird (1 Viewer)

richz

for the haber process dot pt, i found something whch i think shud be in the syllabus, it doesnt ask how is ammonia separated from the unreacted N2 and H2 which i think is quite important. Has any one else noticed this and do u think that is important?

Last edited by a moderator:

currysauce

Actuary in the making
HSC
what? look at the equation man and pictures of the experiment. Has something to do with the BP prolly

pic:

if somethings not in the syllabus - who cares

Last edited:

richz

yeah, H2 and H2 are liquefied under pressure. Im just saying wouldnt that kinda be important

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
i was in hsc syllabus 02 i think, but since then taken out...
nice to know tho, yeh ammonia is polar, hence higher bp/mp than non polar h2 and n2

velox

Retired
HSC
N/A
xrtzx said:
for the haber process dot pt, i found something whch i think shud be in the syllabus, it doesnt ask how is ammonia separated from the unreacted N2 and H2 which i think is quite important. Has any one else noticed this and do u think that is important?
it states that in either conq chem or contexts.

rnitya_25

Abhishek's Rani..
HSC
it is important to know as you may score better with a more extensive knowledge of it, but i though it was obvious when you learns about the conditions of the haber process and all. the pressure, temperature and everything....

lozabella

HSC
i dont know what diagrams u guys have...but in the one in our textbook the unreacted H2 and N2 are pumped back into the system to be reused again to make more ammonia.... to do that they probabbly use the different boilingpoints to them and ammonia..but yeh i assume that the unreacted H2 and N2 are in gaseous form when they get pumped back whereas the ammonia condenses and become liquid

funking_you

It is great to see students thinking outside the constriants of the hsc syllabus.

Just remember that the syllabus is a 'teaching outline' which identifies all main points and concepts students should learn.

So studying a little more than a syllabus point outlines is a great thing, not only because it will help you produce Band 6 responses in the exams, it gives you a greater understanding of chemistry in general.

Here are a few extra points to consider about the Haber Process:

1). Why is ammonia an important fertiliser, and what property enables it to be used as a good fertiliser?
2). Why is the Haber Process exothermic?
3). Give reason(s) as to why is the Haber Process a very slow reaction at standard conditions (room temperature and normaly room pressure)

Keep studying!

Cheers,
George

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)