What are law seminars? (1 Viewer)

pomsky

HSC
Hey guys,

So I found this thing called 'seminars' in the UNSW timetable site for law subjects. What is it? Why does it only run in week 3? Also, is it true that there are no labs/tutes in week 1? (concerned because I'll still be on holidays for half the week)

fanks :)

Trans4M

HSC
Uni Grad
At UNSW we don't have tutorials except research tutorials. Your lectures are basically the equivalent of tutorials and they commence Week 1. Attendance will be marked.

The Seminar is a one off workshop on something.

pomsky

HSC
Wait so what are the law "lectures" on the bojangle timetable? And also, if you miss a couple of these classes cos you were away sick or still on holidays, would you get penalised?

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk

Trans4M

HSC
Uni Grad
Wait so what are the law "lectures" on the bojangle timetable? And also, if you miss a couple of these classes cos you were away sick or still on holidays, would you get penalised?

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk
Law Lectures = Lectures/Tutorials for UNSW.
Seminars = Random one off session
Tutorials = Research Tutorial (only a few law subjects have this)

You can miss up to 4 Law Lectures. You are required to attend 80% of your classes. 20% = 4 Law lectures.

If you fall below the required attendance rate, your Class Participation mark will be affected. Otherwise missing 1 or 2 classes is fine.

SuchSmallHands

HSC
The seminar is a compulsory mental health lecture in week three.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)