• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

What are the chances of HSC asking a specific poem to write ? (1 Viewer)

jamesfirst

HSC
I'm doing Gwen Harwood's poetry and my teacher said to study all 7 of her poems as they might ask you a specific poem to write about

I really don't want to, although I will have an understanding of all of her poems, I want to focus on the main 3 to critically analyse and study this year...

I've seen past papers from 2002-2010 and all the question asked "At least TWO poems" or "her THREE poems"... What are the chances of HSC paper or trial paper to have "Relate (poem) with TWO other poems you have studied"..

jamesfirst

HSC
So really I SHOULD focus in analysing 3 poetries in great depth and just "know" the other 4 poetries ?

Mature Lamb

wats goin on
HSC
Uni Grad
They haven't asked for a specific poem before. Just sayin..

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
I basically had three of my very favourites, and another poem that I knew in depth quite significantly also (but not as well considered to be integrated with the rest of my poems)... the others I just knew. I got 16/20 for that essay so I was relatively pleased with it.

So yeah, choose your favourite three and perhaps have a back-up poem or two. I cannot see them asking a specific poem (do know of them all, however).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)