• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

what do you guys think? (1 Viewer)

unfoolish

HSC
hey,
with all the info on this site that we could use in our essays and etc.
do u think we would get penalised if we use things from this site by our teachers?
they might call it plagerising? or something?

*girl04*

hey every1, how r u?
HSC
N/A
of you uses direct quotes then yes tat is plagisrism.
if you are stuck when writig something, and then you take an idea and then change it/add to it that would be okay

silvermoon

caffeine fiend
getting the blood out of my caffeine system
HSC
you dont really think they'd bother to check do you? even if they did: 1) couldn't prove it wasn't you had written it in the first place, and, more importantly, 2) ive never seen anything on this site that has any new or radically controversial ideas. the sort of stuff people generally say on this site is a general body of critique. it is not considered necessarey to quote generally accepted ideas (unless you want to) as it is accepted that they are not the 'intellectual property' of a particular critic. any new interpretation by a critic, though, must be appropriately quoted.
so, basically, no. if someone puts something in a way that you could actually use in an essay without changing (which i seriously doubt anyway), than it would not be considered plagarism by your teacher.

kimmeh

Sleeping
HSC
Plagiarising? So as long as you dont copy word for word in an essay. If its a hand in eassy, then i dont think you can get away with it, though under exam condition,s you might say one or two sentences that are the same as one you've read beafore. I think its impossible to remember an essay word for word, so IMO its not plagiarism.
I think the essays submitted to bos should only be used as a guide for structure/content/ideas and themes and not copied.

sly fly

HSC
hey KIMMEH........im interested in english tutoring, i tried PMing you but it didnt work...could u either pm or email me with the details thanks alot

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)