What does drama go on off? (1 Viewer)

Razerlx

HSC
Im thinking of either taking psychology, Design and technology and drama for my last elective spot. What will drama teach in year 9 and 10?

Masaken

Unknown Member
HSC
Im thinking of either taking psychology, Design and technology and drama for my last elective spot. What will drama teach in year 9 and 10?
while it depends for different schools especially for the theory/practical split since drama's a pretty subjective and 'loose' elective, i did drama elective y9-10 and for me it was like 80% practical 20% theory. everyone was taking it cos they didn't wanna do a content heavy subject so all we did was do drama games and exercises, and then work on certain plays for our assignments (and by work it was just enacting certain scenes, like for an absurdism unit we did a few scenes of waiting for godot and acted them out as the assessment). for the theory a lot of the theory got downplayed / cancelled cos of covid lockdowns but the kind of theory in drama was designing and mapping out theatre sets and analysing certain scenes in plays but not in a very critical way like english does. overall it was a very bludge subject that was easy to do well in if you're willing to go all in and be enthusiastic about it and it was really fun as well

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)