• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

What does it mean by "various representations of familiar experiences"?? (1 Viewer)

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
I was looking through some HSC questions and they have this for Educating Rita question (i.e. Into The World) and I have no idea what this is on about.

Can someone explain? Thanks!

Last edited:

lychnobity

HSC
I think by "various representations of familiar experiences" they are talking about how the text shows events and/or feelings that are common to all people in general eg. the common experience (for lack of better wording) of feeling happy that you did well in something, or the feeling of loss when someone dies etc.

How the text shows these things, across so many differences in culture/socioeconomic status/age etc. is what you're meant to discuss, imo.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
I think by "various representations of familiar experiences" they are talking about how the text shows events and/or feelings that are common to all people in general eg. the common experience (for lack of better wording) of feeling happy that you did well in something, or the feeling of loss when someone dies etc.

How the text shows these things, across so many differences in culture/socioeconomic status/age etc. is what you're meant to discuss, imo.
thanks man!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)