what english should be (1 Viewer)

MCOLT

HSC
as is well known the english course is shit and changes should be made to make it better and more appealing. i reckon that a new syllabus should be introduced where we only study 3 texts shakespeare, a novel, and the frontline series we study these texts in depth all year and at the end of the year we know em really well and the the hsc asks any question about the text whatsoever and the marking criteria is simple if the essay can sutain a good argument with examples and shit then it gets the marks, what do you'se think no journey, no in the wild, no supplementary, no pre prepared essays, just you, a text and an exam

muselara

Melb Uni
HSC
if i didn't graduate this year..then i'd be more excited by this idea.
but still....hear hear.

now im going back to my chocolate binge post-chemistry.

_dhj_

-_-
HSC
What are you talking about In the Wild is the best module.

Also, AOS is used to scale the Advanced kids against the Standard.

ElGronko

Not premium
HSC
MCOLT said:
as is well known the english course is shit and changes should be made to make it better and more appealing. i reckon that a new syllabus should be introduced where we only study 3 texts shakespeare, a novel, and the frontline series we study these texts in depth all year and at the end of the year we know em really well and the the hsc asks any question about the text whatsoever and the marking criteria is simple if the essay can sutain a good argument with examples and shit then it gets the marks, what do you'se think no journey, no in the wild, no supplementary, no pre prepared essays, just you, a text and an exam

I concur to a degree, in that I would prefer a system that does not reward memorisation.

I disagree with your text choices to a degree, but I can not really be bothered thinking about it.

En plus, if you ever said "you'se" in the exam you would fail.

Please take your bastardisation of the English language elsewhere.

MCOLT

HSC
as if i would fail, dont kid yourself as long as markers understood what i meant then grammar doesnt have to be the bestest and i know people who are worser spellers and who dont fail

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)