• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

what happens to 2 unit math (1 Viewer)

tihskcid

HSC
hi
I took 2 unit math last year and got 87%.
What happens to my 2 unit mark if I take Extension 1 & 2 but get poorer marks?
Will each extra extension subject be marked out of 50? Or will my good 2 unit mark be overlooked?

Caitlin63

:-)
HSC
If you take ext 2 your two unit mark will be disregarded and you will recieve marks out of 100 for Ext 1 and Ext 2. However, if you only take ext 1, then your mathematics mark stays and you get an additional 3 unit mark out of 50.

tihskcid

HSC
Caitlin63 said:
If you take ext 2 your two unit mark will be disregarded and you will recieve marks out of 100 for Ext 1 and Ext 2. However, if you only take ext 1, then your mathematics mark stays and you get an additional 3 unit mark out of 50.
What if I take each successive unit via pathways? Say, Ext2 the year after Ext1 and 2U?

Caitlin63

:-)
HSC
If you do 2unit and Ext 1 then you will get a mark out of 100 for 2 unit and a mark out of 50 for ext 1. If you then decide to do 4 unit the year after your 2 unit mark will be disregarded and your ext 1 mark doubled if you complete the course for ext 2. if you start doing ext 2 but pull out your 2 unit mark will remain.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)