What human experiences are in Fahrenheit 451??? (1 Viewer)

MousePad

HSC
Hi everyone, I have been recommended to do Fahrenheit 451 as my related text for the Crucible, however, I was just wondering what sort of human experience stuff (anomalies, inconsistencies, and paradoxes, etc) is in the text?

Thanks, v(⌒o⌒)v

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
Hello, human experiences in Fahrenheit 451 include:
  • Isolation
  • Conformity
  • Death
Isolation:

Isolation is seen in Chapter 1. Consider the following quote as an example:

“Fascinated as always with the dead beast, the living beast.”
Here, the juxtaposition between the two conflicting statements of the "dead" and the "living", coupled with the animalistic imagery of equipment highlight this notion of isolation.

Conformity:

Conformity is also seen in Chapter 1. Consider the following quote as an example:

“It was a special pleasure to see things eaten, to see things blackened and changed."
Here, strong imagery is used to highlight Guy Montag’s love for burning books; an illicit item, demonstrating his conformity to the government, portrayed through the "special pleasure" of seeing things "blackened" and "changed". It demonstrates his love for destruction using fire. This is contrasted at the end of the book where he is standing around a glowing campfire, in which his respect and use for fire has changed from destroying things to keeping himself warm and happy.

Death:

Death is seen in Chapter 2. Consider the following quote as an example:

“I’ve got an awful feeling I want to smash things and kill things.”
Here, the commonality of death in the story is showcased, which when juxtaposed with The Crucible illustrates the difference in the meaning of death between the two texts.

I hope this helps! 😄

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)