What is a good raw mark for ext 1 and 2? (1 Viewer)

erucibon

HSC
N/A
If I wanted a external mark of 95+, what would be the raw mark required for that generally in each?

大きい男

HSC
Typically mid to high 80s for 3u and mid 80s for 4u but with this year being the first year of the new syllabus, alignment might be slightly different.

erucibon

HSC
N/A
Typically mid to high 80s for 3u and mid 80s for 4u but with this year being the first year of the new syllabus, alignment might be slightly different.
Do you think the exams will be easier this year?

大きい男

HSC
Do you think the exams will be easier this year?
Hard to say. I've heard very mixed opinions on the difficulty of the new syllabuses; some saying they're easier because of how much has 'moved up' (like types of induction being 4u only, stats that used to be standard/general now in advanced) but others say that the new proof topic means very conceptually challenging questions can now be asked. That being said, I don't think the difficulty has changed very much, partly because of how much overlap there is with the old syllabuses and also because 'math is math'.

Xanthi

HSC
The scope of the topics has decreased. However the remaining questions will likely not change in difficulty or become harder to compensate, so alignment is probably around the same.

Xanthi

HSC
It really changes ever year, but this feels a little low. 4u high 80s and 3u 90 sounds about right for 95.

black.mamba

HSC
Never thought I'd get to share this, but this might be useful for estimating aligned marks from raw marks.
Note: Data is from rawmarks.info but it's taken from 2004 onwards, and the cohort strength and syllabus has changed since then (but there isn't enough data for the last few years alone, and the syllabus has just changed too).
4U Alignment.png

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)