What Prac do you think will be tested? (1 Viewer)

rnitya_25

Abhishek's Rani..
HSC
hey everyone,

I'm just wondering, for the past few years, they tend to ask the prac questions on pracs from production of materials. im thinking they might ask an esterification prac question asking us to say what we did, the ester that we prepared and add a q on reflux as usual. what do you all think?

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
Last year there was a uniform question across all the electives that asked about one prac. It's likely there'll always be a prac quesiton in the elective.

As for the core, there could be several questions on pracs, or one worth lots of marks. You gotta know them all.

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
We had an esterification question in the trials.

They could always chuck in a CO2 question, or even fermentation.

rnitya_25

Abhishek's Rani..
HSC
im saying in the hsc, there's always one prac question. what do you think it will be? what prac do you think they will test from all the pracs in the 3 core modules?

rnitya_25

Abhishek's Rani..
HSC
Dreamerish*~ said:
We had an esterification question in the trials.

They could always chuck in a CO2 question, or even fermentation.
i think they asked fermentation in 2003. or the 2003 catholic.

rama_v

HSC
Im betting on fermentation, I dont think its been in past HSC's. But yeah it could be anything, so I guess we have to learn them all

LostAuzzie

HSC
I'm hoping titration or molar heat of combustion
They are both good because you could get calculations as well as an explanation of method/results.

Learn them all as you should never just ignore a dot point etc and hope it wont be tested. Because by Murphy's law that will be what's tested.

thunderdax

I AM JESUS LOL!
HSC
i think it will be esterification but hoping it will be molar heat of combustion or sulfate in fertiliser because they're the easiest to answer to.

rnitya_25

Abhishek's Rani..
HSC
i hate the sulfate/lawn fertilizer stuff, we hardly did it in class, and the dot points in it are confuising. i don't get that stuff.....:confused:

karen88

Radioactive Queen
HSC
i haven't even studied chem yet im so screwed!!!... we had da comparison battery one in da trials... i dun think that was really an experiment... we didn't have one in our trials this year...

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
Oh we had a battery one as well. It was comparing in terms of chemistry.

I freaked out when I read the question, and wrote (no exaggeration) 2 A4 pages on it. I did get the 4 marks, but I still don't know exactly which 4 points I had that were relevant.

Libbster

HSC
lol every test we did at our school had battery crap in it so i'm like come on battery q's!

Haku

dreamerish, try as i tried, i just cant remember the formulas for the cathode of the dry cell!!! ahhhhh!!!

lol, 2 A4 pages, thats hardcore. where did u get the time? and what did u write about?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)