What results are used when applying for a transfer? (1 Viewer)

conjo

HSC
Hello everyone. Just have a question. im now entering second year (full time) in my science degree in sydney uni, at the end of this year if i apply to transfer to another degree, will only my second year results be used? or will it be both second and first year results that are counted? Just i didnt do the best in 1st year....kinda let the uni partys get the best of me,so im hoping its just 2nd year results that are considered.

Thank you very much

Bob.J

ZoOm
HSC
i'm quite sure they look at the avg of your 1st and 2nd years all up. Some courses also look at your uai.

IronMike

HSC
N/A
I believe they look at the results from your lastest academic year. (2nd year results in your case).

conjo

HSC
hmmm....now im confused. so anyone know where i can find out which results are used?

conjo

HSC
ahhh....another answer....im so lost.....lucky i have a year to try figure this out :) just got to work really hard to make up for my poor first year results

Bob.J

ZoOm
HSC
It depends on what course you're applying for man
some courses take UAI into account 50%, others don't bother and look at uni results only

Most transfers that only look at tertiary marks take the avg of what you've completed, so it's a good chance they'll take your 1st year into account. Ask the faculty for info on selection procedures

Also tell us what the course you want to transfer into, someone here might have already transferred or know what you need to transfer etc.

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Basically - if you apply to UAC, they look at UAI and Tertiary results equally
If you manage to apply to transfer internally within your uni, I'm sure they'll use both 1st year and 2nd year results and not UAI.

aquaa123qwe

HSC
well i dropped my course half way in sem1 first year
they looked at my uai

Rayanaldo

HSC
N/A
Sorry if this has been asked before or if it sounds stupid, but i just wanna ask this question.

I'm in my first year doing B Business (Accounting) at UWS and hope to transfer to UTS to do B Business.

Would they look at both my results for Autumn and Spring or just my results for Spring?

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
If you apply to UAC to start in 2006, they look at all your studies (both semesters)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)