• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

What Should I Do (1 Viewer)

ashleigh2107

HSC
i dnt know wat to do for my pip i have been to japan canada america bali malaysia i love totravel but cant think of any think im not much of a thinker haha i have a big step family i live in the northen beaches go to a public school have a dog and a boyfriend my life is normal i cant think of anything HELP

winicat

HSC
don't ask other people to do this thinking for you. this is a personal interest project not an "everyone else did the thinking for me" project.

look at what you've already said here: you've done a lot of travelling. try thinking about how this has afffected your socilisation and view of the world. do you find people have wrong opinions of certain cultures you've visited? (ie. have you seen teh truth and been able to put aside the stereotypes of certain cultures?). you said you love to travel so this should be something that "interests" you. maybe look at why people travel (further than a holiday)

don't worry about not having your topic down yet, just worry about hiding it from your teacher. a number of girls in my class (last year) didn't get started on anything until term 2.

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
ashleigh2107 said:
i dnt know wat to do for my pip i have been to japan canada america bali malaysia i love totravel but cant think of any think im not much of a thinker haha i have a big step family i live in the northen beaches go to a public school have a dog and a boyfriend my life is normal i cant think of anything HELP
Flip through your Society and Culture textbook and see what chapter, or pages that interest you the most. And look through the glossary and see which concepts intrigue you the most and passionate about finding out more. Is it industrialisation? Globalisation? Think about what globalisation has done in areas where you've travelled, e.g. Malaysia. And ask yourself whether you want to know more about the role of continuity and change in that country. This aspect is very closely related to the syllabus.

ashleigh2107

HSC
i hate school

i hate school its so boaring i just applied for a few ful time jobs im gnna let fate decidie hahaha

soulshine

HSC
you are really considering leaving school?

just curious, do you have any goals for the next few years? maybe it would be an idea just to stick at school for the short amount of time that you have left, just so you can say that you did it, and possibly be able to maximise your opportunities for the future... but yeah i dunno... going ahead with the PIP might be a nice way of consolidating your thoughts on the situations you are currently caught up in...

ramble blah wee.
j'ai faim.

white_spazzy

but why?
HSC
hey yeah i agree wit soulshine's comment stick it out im sure it'll be worth it in the end....my best advice- talk to your teachers especially the one's you like

pirotess4

HSC
N/A
Stay at school trust me! Going through all that work in year 11 and almost 2 terms of work in yr 12 and leaving is just not worth it! You'll regret it for the rest of your life!! So stay at school and try your best!

Nullachick

HSC
N/A
ashleigh2107 said:

ill tell u a good PIP to do, this is what i was thinking of doing, seeing as u are from the northan beaches how about doing somethin on the eastern beaches Vs the Northern beaches in other words i mean "the shire" u understand i was going do it on like why does everyone hate the shire and compare it to were your from. Like i bet u love your location much more than the shire... talk about why and why every year there are fights on schoolies about the shire Vs the rest blabla
think about it...
sounded good to me...
but i ended up picking youth, aids and continuity and change in South africa seeing as i spend a couple months there...

ashleigh2107

HSC
i came up with something

hey i came up with a few ideas i dunno if u can do like a comparison from ur own suburb comared to a suburb like 25mins away like i live in Avalon
so Avalon vs Deewhy cause my boyfriend lives in deewhy and i practiclly live there and the people are so much nicer there yet it is where lots of people get raped

also maybe a case study on my yr 12 grade

something about smart vs not so smart
what makes a person smary (stupid idea but its an idea)

Gender comparison
(role of gender in my community)

or gender comparison to now compaed to before ww1

Cats vs Dogs
what makes you a cat or dog person

love vs lust

God vs the devil
do you know where you are going after you die

todays youths compares to our parents generation?

give me some feedback guys wat one do u think is the best??
im gonna work my but off to catch up these holidays!!!!!!!

soulshine

HSC
yeah i reckon that smart idea is alright.
like, you could investigate what constitutes intelligence these days. looking at societies values and stuff like that. and maybe make you cross cultural component over time.

winicat

HSC
maybe, instead of focusing on what makes a person "smart" (because someone can be "smart" in one area eg english, but not in another eg art, or vice versa) but rather an investigation of education and its importance over time. like, focus on one "form" of education (eg school, home, life skills, etc)

Nullachick

HSC
N/A
the shire is the sutherland shire u know us dickhead from cronulla that think we are so cool blabla have u never heard of that rival between the shire Vs the others ???

ashleigh2107

HSC
hey

no never heard of that cause i think where i live are full of stuck up barbie dolls hahaha

ashleigh2107

HSC
hey

what about the brady bunch vs my step family
i have 1 brother and 3 step brothers

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)