• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

What to do now? (2 Viewers)

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
OK, so I just got my U.A.I. back and it is 67.30. I doubt that will get me into any University courses, now that the U.A.I.'s are going up. So my question is, people on this board are continuously saying there are other pathways of getting into University, so what are they? Another question, if I get accepted into any degree, is it possible to transfer to any other degree if your grades are high, or do the courses have to have some similar subjects:confused:? Thanks everyone:).

Huy

HSC
N/A
if I get accepted into any degree, is it possible to transfer to any other degree if your grades are high, or do the courses have to have some similar subjects
Yes, I think so.

If they have the same coursework for the first year, why not.

And 67 isn't bad, you can still do a lot with it. :)

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
Originally posted by Cyph
I think you'd best apply for a B. Arts or something, then try and transfer, which you will/will not get based on your marks in the subjects you've done.
Sorry Cyph but I don't really understand what you mean. Bachelor Of Arts was one of my course selections though:).

What course were you after?.
Bachelor Of Business:).

You can apply for a Dean's admission, you'll have to go to the right faculty sometime and talk to them though. I'd recommend you go to the open day at the Uni and talk to them.
So what is a "Dean's admission":confused:? Do you just go up to him and beg of an interview or something:D?

Go to TAFE, get credit and then transfer.
I was speaking to dad about this and he said TAFE gets you hardly any credits:(.

Newstep/Open foundation.
I will look into those thanks:).

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
Originally posted by Huy
Yes, I think so.

If they have the same coursework for the first year, why not.
No but I meant from two totally unrelated courses:).

Originally posted by Huy
And 67 isn't bad, you can still do a lot with it. :)
Not really, unfortunately. Thanks for being good about it though:).

Xu

dangerous driver
HSC
N/A
so you can trans fer from ANY course to another if you are really good at it?

Huy

HSC
N/A
Couldn't you get into a course with a lower cut off, and slaughter the competition (if any)?

I understand this is easier said than done.

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
Originally posted by Huy
Couldn't you get into a course with a lower cut off, and slaughter the competition (if any)?

I understand this is easier said than done.
Yes I could do that because I am so pissed at myself but a few problem arise:

1. I first need to get into a course.
2. As I said before, can you transfer from one degree to another, even if they are completely unrelated:confused:?

Huy

HSC
N/A
Mereth: I think it would be harder, if it were completely different.

But if they are similar, you have a better chance, (logical, isn't it?).

Don't worry, I'm in the same situation as you, to an extent.

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
OK, I had a look at "Newstep" and it says in the book that it is only available to students who have had disadvantages which include "students from non-English speaking backgrounds, low income, rural and isolated regions, disability, health or family problems". What is I don't have one of those disadvantages, do I have to provide proof:confused:?

Craig

there goes my hero
HSC
Merethrond perhaps you should look into the bachelor of occupational health and safety degree. From my own knowledge the cut-off was 65 last year. I'm not completly sure however. If you get into that degree and do well in the first year, then because it is related to the bachelor of business degree, there should be no reason why you could not transfer. You might just want to see the UAI requirements for it though. This is for Newcastle University by the way.

Last edited:

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
Craig, the cutoff last year to Bachelor Of Occupational Health and Safety last year was 70.00, so I suppose I have a chance (taking into account the four bonus UAI points). Are you sure the two degrees are related though:confused:?

I have another question for people, do the published UAI cutoffs take into account offers after the Main Round or not:confused:? Thanks again:).

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
Published UAI cut offs are only for the main round as far as I'm aware.
Sweet, so do all subjects get Late Round offers:confused:?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)