What'd everyone think?? (1 Viewer)

superbri

HSC
Did anyone else make up supprt groups?

I made up one, for a question on Sole Parents. For the Groups In Context, I actually used real organisations this time! Wooo!

superbri

HSC
lizziegirl said:

i was shocked @ how many ppl left early, i thought every1 needed the full 3 hrs to answer everything properly. in the end, it was just me and this other guy sitting in the hall doing our cafs paper. :eek:
Me too! One girl in my class left shortly after the first hour, and she later told me she wrote 'Pfft!' as one of her answers.

By 5pm, there was only me and one other girl in the room.

Did you guys notice that across the whole of New South Wales, there is not one person who does CAFS and Engineering? Because both exams were on at the same time! Useless little piece of information there for you!

lizziegirl

HSC
N/A
superbri said:
Did anyone else make up supprt groups?

I made up one, for a question on Sole Parents. For the Groups In Context, I actually used real organisations this time! Wooo!
was this for that question on that sole father who works fulltime to support his kids in primary school? i feel sorry for the ppl who did legal studies in the morning and the cafs paper in the arvo :bomb:

cassdogazz

HSC
lizziegirl said:
was this for that question on that sole father who works fulltime to support his kids in primary school? i feel sorry for the ppl who did legal studies in the morning and the cafs paper in the arvo :bomb:

i did cafs n legal it sucked! and i also made up support groups..haha

suzie88

HSC
N/A
GoodieWooden said:
The test was, er, interesting. I dont think it was a terrible, but some of the question were a bit curly (lol, as by bio techer puts it). I didnt like the short answer question alot. 4 marks for how poor hygiene relates to the sense of identity of the homeless. just really didnt like this question, but i think i came up with some nonsese to get a few marks. I didnt mind the groups in contexts questions at all. I was a bit suprised when they asked for 3 groups, but i think i stuied well enough to answer for 3 groups properly. to be honest I can't even remember the Parenting and Caring questions, i gave my paper to my teacher. The individuals and work 15 marker was confusing, i dont remember it to be a part of the syllabus.
As for leaving early, our school wont let us leave early, and we had to share the hall with engineering studies exam.
Just have food tech. to go now. . . . . .

heyy i agree with the individuals & work 15 mark question. i was sitting there scanning the syllabus in my head and trying to figure out whether or not it was in it... hmm it was quite ambiguous..
only foodtech left for me.. but its all good, i have one week to study for it. =D

CAFS IS OVER FOREVER. wat a relief!

Lauren_Melrose

~Lauren~
HSC
The test wasn't too bad, but I'm not thinking of a band 6. I did individuals and work as well and like the rest of you, i tackled that last question differently. I set up like three different scenarios of a work place change and then discussed the implications it had on the individual and the family as a whole. A bit of a different approach but I'm not sure if i pulled it off.

scandal

HSC
OMG far out the test was weird. but alrite i thought...With the last question in indiv/work i was confused... i said good and bad impacts with women in workforce, good work culture, gov polices and responsbilities, technology, work patterns, child care provision and education required.. do u think thats right??

becci13

HSC
Hey everyone. i thought the test was really easy. i can't believe how many people didn't think so. umm i did individuals and work just like most of you and i thought it wasn't to bad. the groups in context was easy for me coz one of my assessment tasks i did was on selecting 3 groups and writing like everything on them so i just pick the 3 i did the assessment on. it was preety put the same as the exam question. i guess i was just lucky.
anyway ITS ALL OVER FOR ME NOW!!!!!!!!YAY!!!!!!!!!
Good Luck to everyone else that still have exams.

nicole1223456

HSC
becci13 said:
Hey everyone. i thought the test was really easy. i can't believe how many people didn't think so. umm i did individuals and work just like most of you and i thought it wasn't to bad. the groups in context was easy for me coz one of my assessment tasks i did was on selecting 3 groups and writing like everything on them so i just pick the 3 i did the assessment on. it was preety put the same as the exam question. i guess i was just lucky.
anyway ITS ALL OVER FOR ME NOW!!!!!!!!YAY!!!!!!!!!
Good Luck to everyone else that still have exams.
what did u write for the individuals and work last 15 mark question?

cassdogazz

HSC
my teacher said i got the 15 mark individuals and work one right.. i wrote about

education/retraining
new technologies
perceptions of gender
government policies
economy
changing circumstances of the family......

becci13

HSC
i wrote ummm.....bout the the changes in the new work place law like longer hours, working weekends, pay cuts etc. The impact on families working weekends and longer hours is that there isn't much time spent as a family, impact on individuals - tired, run down, plan their life around work don't get to see family much. Pay cuts - both parents have to go to work. children miss out on seeing their parents, they are in daycare, before and after school care. Children may think they aren't wanted or love because they never get to see their parents. ummm..... i really can't remember now. i know when i reading all the questions in the reading time i was like 'HUH?' but when i started to write everything just came out onto the paper. it was really weird because its never been like tha with me. what did u write? o and i related everything to the WELL-BEING of the children, parents, and their families as a whole. if i think of anythink else i wrote i'll add it.

Last edited:

suzie88

HSC
N/A
with the last question on individuals and work.. my teacher told me that u could of written about anything from the syllabus as long as it linked back to workplace change.. and if u think about it, anything is a change..

so i dont think there was one specific aspect of the syllabus u had to talk about..

just a thought..

Loza2232

HSC
im glad im not the only one who found the individuals and work question confusing. in regards to people leaving, only 3 people left (out of 16) and that was in the last half and hour or so. maybe because our teacher was meeting us outside at the end and we were all too scared to leave? i think we needed the whole 3 hours... i did anyway.

yay!! NO MORE CAFS!

shariken

HSC
My smart friend..well not so smart left the exam at 3:15pm and I know she didn't finish becausw she never has when it comes to cafs because she didn't try harder.

I got caught with all the 15 mark questions unfortunately as I only spoke about 3 out of 4 parenting groups, 2 out of 3 groups in context (would of finished if they didn't change the question grr) and I barely just started on the individuals in work as I only wrote a page when they said pens down. So yeah..I just missed out of 15 marks just like that :eek:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)