• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

What's required in Ext 2 English? (1 Viewer)

kpq_sniper017

just a few questions.....
does ext 2 english require that you have an extensive knowledge of the english language etc?
or is it more comparable to a subject like art, where its just personal expression and really "anything goes"....
i don't know if i really can be that complex in the way that i express myself through writing.....
is ext 2 english about complexity and being sophisticated??

also, for a medium like a website.......is the emphasis on the language used and the message conveyed? or is there also emphasis made on the actual website itself (its design, use of colour, images etc.)

Serpentia

You are creating a major work, technically all you need to be able to do is sling comprehensible sentences together, in order to explain a certain concept.

Website - this is just another medium for exploring something, therefore the main emphasis should be on the words

aud

HSC
Originally posted by pcx_demolition017
just a few questions.....
does ext 2 english require that you have an extensive knowledge of the english language etc?
or is it more comparable to a subject like art, where its just personal expression and really "anything goes"....
i don't know if i really can be that complex in the way that i express myself through writing.....
is ext 2 english about complexity and being sophisticated??

also, for a medium like a website.......is the emphasis on the language used and the message conveyed? or is there also emphasis made on the actual website itself (its design, use of colour, images etc.)
You should have a fairly good vocab, using a thesaurus on every second word isn't a good thing...
Unless of course, you work from a more post-modernist approach, maybe in poetry form, and then while each word should fit and be 'perfect', it doesn't require as many complicated words unless you want them.

And yes, EE2 requires you to write a complex and sophisticated argument/creative piece - both words are in the syllabus and in the marking criteria

And for websites, emphasis is on the content, visual images are never marked on their quality.

hotcocoababe

Sexiest BoS Member
I'm up there.... somewhere... gently floating abou
HSC
I've always thought of ext2 as being more of a personal choice......... Im not very good at critical writing really, im more of a creative writer, so im not exactly top of the class for ext1. But ext2 is something iv wanted to do for...... oh, like forever, so ext 1 is something i hafta bear just so i ca do ext2. (which, by the way, is so much fun - its the best and most enjoyable unit you could possibly be doing for your hsc, i promise!!! :p)

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
the syllabus CLEARLY states that a website is to be comprehensively based on the writing and language for the students ideas to be conveyed. visuals and graphics and such are simply a complimentary item to accompany the style and form of the website...so dont think u can get away with flashy things and graphics, animation and all if ur written expression is dreadful and u are not particularly articulate in how u express urself. NEVER forget, as free and expressive as this subject is IT IS STILL ENGLISH!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)