Whats the best air fryer out there? (1 Viewer)

debrartip

HSC
Looking for the best air fryer. Has anyone got an air fryer? What are they like? Do you use it often?

jojosiwa123

HSC
ive got one it’s kind of useless unless u dont have an oven... if you have an oven just use that and save ur money bro

mmmm.

HSC
ive got one it’s kind of useless unless u dont have an oven... if you have an oven just use that and save ur money bro
no it isn't, i have an oven and airfryer, but the airfyer is just more convenient and faster

jojosiwa123

HSC
no it isn't, i have an oven and airfryer, but the airfyer is just more convenient and faster
:/ both take the same amount of time if u know how to use an oven lol...maybe it depends on what brand of airfryer/oven though idk im not trying for an argument each to their own xoxo

mmmm.

HSC
:/ both take the same amount of time if u know how to use an oven lol...maybe it depends on what brand of airfryer/oven though idk im not trying for an argument each to their own xoxo
Oh sorry i wasn't trying to start an argument. But yh, i guess it's just preference

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
I just use Philips. Bought two in my lifetime for myself, one for a friend, and convinced family to buy Philips as well. We're pretty happy.

quickoats

HSC
The oven costs more to operate in terms of wattage (maybe this is me being a cheap XD)

A countertop toaster oven will do the same job as an air fryer - air frying is just a marketing ploy it’s literally a hot fan forced oven.

jojosiwa123

HSC
The oven costs more to operate in terms of wattage (maybe this is me being a cheap XD)

A countertop toaster oven will do the same job as an air fryer - air frying is just a marketing ploy it’s literally a hot fan forced oven.
YUP exactly. it’s good for students/ people who dunno how to cook lmao... a toaster oven would definitely be a good option u can even make a whole ass cake in there and it’s prob less bulky

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Time period/ times used roughly?
As in how long have I used them? I got hooked on them when I lived in Singapore back in 2015... and started off with just making chips, then over time have tried other things (eg baking cookies, cooking marinated chicken, reheating KFC, etc).

The first one lasted until about early 2018 (with near daily usage) but due to lack of cleaning after we moved back to Sydney and didn't have a cleaner come to my apartment every week to clean stuff properly, it just got a bit gross and we realised it was nearly the same price to just buy a whole new air fryer (<$200) than to replace the basket/parts. The original one we had was the most basic model where the metal tray in the basket couldn't be removed and it was just a total pain to clean. I think we had also dented the handle attachment from dropping it a few times and was worried it wouldn't last much longer/was a bit unsafe to use.

Coming up to end 2020 and I think I may have let my 2nd one get to a state where even after I scrub and scrub, it still has a bit of residue and it might be time to replace again... or maybe I just need a really good scrub.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)