• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

What's the best beach to learn to surf ? (1 Viewer)

ashjw84

I'm just beginning to learn to surf on a mini malibu and was wondering which, if any, beach is best for beginners ?

um..

hip hop antagoniser
HSC
N/A
not from syd, but from what i know warriewood on the northern beaches is pretty protected and good for learners. southern beachs, the alley at cronulla is also pretty good and you can always try out bondi beach as well. theres shitloads of surf schools in sydney as well, hook yourself up with one of them

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
Any beach that doesn't have a massive sand bank. You want to learn on rolling waves:).

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
Surfing is one of those things where once you have learnt you will never forget, it just comes naturally back to you:).

eLmo

Stalker.
HSC
I wanted to try kite surfing at palm beach.. but yeh its too far and I can't be bothered...

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
natstar said:
forster!!!!!!!!
sif you can surf on the waves at main beach!! their either non existant or dumpers!!!
other beaches in the area, yeah...but not main.

Atticus.

how do i get out of this
HSC
hipsta_jess said:
sif you can surf on the waves at main beach!! their either non existant or dumpers!!!
other beaches in the area, yeah...but not main.
ive been to forster and when i was there main beach was all time! never was their shories and it certainly wasnt flat!
maybe i just caught it good

Atticus.

how do i get out of this
HSC
um.. said:
gayest sport in the world, honestly
its too fucking hard.... if youve never surfed, skated whatever then you have no hope of being able to do it.

if your in syd and you want to learn on a marshmellow sort of wave then try north cronulla around alley and the wall... softest waves ever, just steer clear of shark island and cro point and youll be fine! :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)