• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

What's the difference between .. (1 Viewer)

gelo

HSC
.. an imaginative, interpretative or analytical piece of work?

Asheroth

Paranoid Android
HSC
My best guess would be that imaginative covers original works in any form, interpretative covers adaptations in any form, and analytical covers critical analysis.

But I really have no idea.

orange_blob

Caveman
HSC
Well this is how I see it: {There should be some sort of offical definition for these, shouldn't there?}

Imaginative - Creative, your own completely original work.

Interpretative - Taking an existing peice and interpreting it yourself, like making a film from part of a shakespeare play - it rquires your interpretation and creativity but has it's basis in another work. (I'm really not sure about this one)

Analytical - Looking at other work/s and analysing them, like you would do in the other english courses.

The syllabus does say that you can have a combination of them though, so maybe they don't need to clearly define them, as they pretty much cover everything, don't they?

HSC
N/A
The more I think about it, the more those three words become less of "definitions" and more "stylistic". Common sense can be used to figure out their generalised meaning (ie imaginative wouldn't mean autobiography :p), but I'll leave the hardcore technicalities to someone else (because hardcore technicalities have never been my thing, haha).

A question for the original poster: Why do you want/need to know the difference?

HSC
N/A
orange_blob said:
Imaginative - Creative, your own completely original work.

Interpretative - Taking an existing peice and interpreting it yourself, like making a film from part of a shakespeare play - it rquires your interpretation and creativity but has it's basis in another work. (I'm really not sure about this one)

Analytical - Looking at other work/s and analysing them, like you would do in the other english courses.
I don't see "creative" as having to be completely original. For example, there are some 'adaptations' which I think were highly imaginative. whilst not being totally original, once can't say it wasn't imaginative.

I'm also not sure interpretive requires us to take inspiration from 'a piece' - it could be just a concept. Similar thing for analytical - it could just "analyse" a concept, ideal or style, without having to actually analyse someone else's work.

In regards to EE2, you won't ever be called upon to define your work as "EITHER/OR" imaginative, creative and analytical. If you feel drawn to some of these words, or if they feel "right", sure. Feel free to use them. But if they sound kind of foreign to you, don't use them! :p

- you may all bow down and worship Lynny Logic now, if you wish :p

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
So mine must've been under 'Insane' ?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)