Whats the hope for people to get around ATAR 30? There should be some way for them. (1 Viewer)

sachu

HSC
Re: Whats the hope for people to get around ATAR 30? There should be some way for the

Yes, i even contacted them.
Ow...u serious?? Hey have u got their website's link or smth..might as well check it out..also depends what courses they offer though..but still.......thanks..:D

ninetypercent

ninety ninety ninety
HSC
Re: Whats the hope for people to get around ATAR 30? There should be some way for the

their problem for not trying

HSC

Ow...u serious?? Hey have u got their website's link or smth..might as well check it out..also depends what courses they offer though..but still.......thanks..:D
DIPLOMAS

sachu

HSC

No matter what they do, regardless it being tafe or whatever, it'll still be a year lost

Tafe sounds like the best option for them; they can possibly transfer to uni the year after if they do well enough
There are other options such as UWS colleges or private colleges.some don't require an ATAr...and gives u 2nd yr entry to UNI but only if u show them u r smart..

I suggest redoing the HSC completely ONLY IF you are CERTAIN you will put the extra effort in.

It would be a very big reward and a sense of achievement if you can make the jump from 30.00 to say at least 75.00.

You are way out of reach, even with the bonuses.

Think about it. A year would be so worth it in the end if you make it. Otherwise, do TAFE.

The only reasons I can think of someone getting that is not studying and not doing their best.
BTW, they both got 47 and 49....lets say in the 40ish like not 30ish..

ajdlinux

Mod: ANU, ATAR/HSC Marks
HSC

Because you were almost in the same classes for all subjects...for every subject we had at least 20 students and they were always in the top 8..except for 2U maths we had 10 students and they were 5th and 6th............Their studies wasn't affected at all because of traumatic events...I think it was their study methods that didn't serve them well..........I should prolly tell them to take on foundation study...and also some colleges don't even need a ATAR....they give one more chance and if u prove it...u get a ticket to Uni for 2nd yr entry into ur chosen course.....

btw subjects were..biology, chem, MAths 2U, std.english and foodtech..i think yea it was...
Well, assuming that their ATARs are not typical of the school, then you might have a point - in that case, foundation studies would probably be the best option.

sachu

HSC

Hey, that is true u can transfer into other Unis too...wow..that is so awesome..I will prolly take the fast track...program for health science....wow u're awesome

sachu

HSC

i didnt even get 30 can i get into uni?
Hey........don't ever lose hope..there should be heaps of opportunities out there...If you're really upset and think if u were given one chance..u would change everything around...mate..then do smth like...a foundation study (everyone is talking about) at some college....and then u get into 2nd yr entry to UNi..that way u don't waste a year...or anything......yea..? Cheer up and embrace the opportunities...

HSC

Hey, that is true u can transfer into other Unis too...wow..that is so awesome..I will prolly take the fast track...program for health science....wow u're awesome
hehe no worries, i plan to keep it as a backup.

penguin.ali

HSC

I think if they're deadset on going to university, then a foundation programme like Newstep would be the best option for them. [I know Newcastle University offers it, my sister did open foundation a couple years back and achieved an UAI of 85. something... Pretty good effort considering she didn't get one at all when she left school.]

Sometimes the time of the HSC just isn't good for people. A friend of mine is a good example of that; he worked very hard all throughout the year [there was not a day when he didn't study - he put in at least 4 hours each day, sometimes getting up early just to do it] but due to the personal factors in his life [family - there was a lot of fighting] he wasn't able to perform at his best even though he is a very smart boy. It's just that everything else got in the way, and its cases like this when the ATAR is not indicative of the person at all. And it probably is the case as well for your friends. Even if they simply do a foundation course just to get a better mark, then the option of uni will always be there for them, even if they don't decide to go straight in.

MrDimple

HSC

what about the people with 50> do they even have a shot at uni?

Fluorescent

Banned
HSC

I would study just before exams, often for a couple of hours and I got 89.25 which also isn't bad imo.

I cant really see how they got 30ish for their Atar. Although if some traumatic expereince happened during this time then i understand why,
Someone HAS to get this rank. Traumatic experiences can have little to do with it - some people just genuinely are not capable of getting good marks or are not 'school people'

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC

I would study just before exams, often for a couple of hours and I got 89.25 which also isn't bad imo.

Someone HAS to get this rank. Traumatic experiences can have little to do with it - some people just genuinely are not capable of getting good marks or are not 'school people'
Yes but usually it is people who dropped out in year 10, are not eligible for an atar or are not aiming to go to university.

Fluorescent

Banned
HSC

Yes but usually it is people who dropped out in year 10, are not eligible for an atar or are not aiming to go to university.
Oh yeh, I forgot that ATAR fills those spots!

jasonml

jay son em el
HSC

check that theyre no t smashed, rthen just let them do year 12 again. theyull probably breeze it cos theyve done it all before and thehy'lll get a KILLER ATER. SMESH EVERYONE ELSE ANMD GET INTO LAW OR MEDEICINE AT USYD> SO WEAESY

Fluorescent

Banned
HSC

check that theyre no t smashed, rthen just let them do year 12 again. theyull probably breeze it cos theyve done it all before and thehy'lll get a KILLER ATER. SMESH EVERYONE ELSE ANMD GET INTO LAW OR MEDEICINE AT USYD> SO WEAESY
lolwut

i do not understand this post

boganxcore

HSC

wat just happened

X2RADialbomber

mandapanda
HSC

We got the same ATAR! *high five!* :)

Some people I know already secured a job or an apprenticeship, so they didn't bother studying for the actual HSC and they ended up getting around 30. I also know some people who got 30 and are ecstatic with that.

sachu

HSC

We got the same ATAR! *high five!* :)

Some people I know already secured a job or an apprenticeship, so they didn't bother studying for the actual HSC and they ended up getting around 30. I also know some people who got 30 and are ecstatic with that.
Yeah, thats alright. Its not the end of the world u know (cliche).....hope you find the right course and get into what you want. :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)