what's your worst/best topic? (1 Viewer)

JuliaT

HSC
what's your fave/best topic and why? what's your worst/most hated topic and why? does your fave/hated differ from your best/worst? give the generic topic and what your specific focus was.

my fave was probably ancient Society- Minoans. super interesting and cool. physical sources instead of stupid historians (besides like Pliny and Evans and stuff). markswise it ties with my personality (hatshepsut) and my period (Greek world 500-440).

my most hated, and worst, is the core. darn those Pompeiins. i think i sucked at it most because i put the least work into it though. there's nothing partularly bad about the culture i guess. not as interesting as other topics though.

HSC
i liked Sparta is was the best, everything was connected, alot of sources, interesting topic :)

hated Greece 800-500 BC had to write and essay for it, it was boring, had somethings which were like the Spartan society and i mixed some stuff up :(

Pompeii was alright, and Hatshepsut was ok but a bit boring

atreus

HSC
i liked agrippina the most. she was an interesting personality, and i think my mark in the exam will reflect this.

i liked julioclaudians as well, and mycenae.

my least favourite would be the core as well, but it was still ok.

gracerawl88

HSC
my best was probably sparta, did it first so stuck in first maybe lol i dont know..
then pompeii n herc.. interesting to a certain extent..

then alexander. oh alex, our relationship was beautiful to start off with.. but you just, drove me to insanity in the end. i gave up caring about you and your daring escapades. why oh why did you hurt me like that alex??? you led me on to be so sexy, so charming, so genocidal, so filled with megolomania, and then you announce that your gay and still expect me to have a relationship!!?? im just.. not interested anymore. im so sorry alex. its over...

so glad i got that off my chest..

last and always least favourite was julio claudians. not much of a rome person, more of a greece.. too many names, adoptions, assassinations.. i get confused!!

s-p-a-c-e-d

HSC
I thought Pompeii and Herculaneum was pretty blah. I'm seriously not interested in BS archaeological technologies/history or ethical issues or anything else covered by the 10 mark question.

Sparta and Greece 500-440 BC, on the other hand, were both really interesting.

Tiberius Gracchus was okay, but I question his status as 'personality'. I mean, he just didn't do that much. The sources about him are really limited as well.

adrenaline rush

Schoolies 1-18/Dec/06
HSC
In terms of interest:
Best: Greek world 500-440BC
Worst: Xerxes

In terms of marks (generally):
Best: Pompeii/Herc
Worst: Xerxes

If u were wondering my other topic was Sparta. Interesting topic, but pretty tedious to look at their whole history and get ur head around all the myths and the 'Spartan mirage'. And most of valuable learning time was wasted in class making up spartan-homosexual jokes. Maybe im just too mature LOL.

mimi26

HSC
B ANcient HIstory (honours) @ MAcq UNI

hey hey.....

has anyone or is anyone in the B ancient history honours course at macq???

i just need an insight on how the course is and are there any "back doors" entry as my uai is lower than the course entry!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)