When transferring... (1 Viewer)

glitter burns

the sky is falling
HSC
are you meant to go through UAC or apply direct to the university?

I just applied through UAC, but I was on the Wollongong uni website and found something that mentioned applying directly to the uni to transfer. Or is applying directly to the university just another option?

This is frustrating and confusing, and I may have just spent $50 ($35 application fee, $15 for the UAC guide) for nothing.

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Well, my thinking is that the "direct transfer" at Wollongong is for students who wish to transfer internally, that is, they already are at UOW.

So, since you are from UNE, you'd most likely have to apply thru UAC

monzi

HSC
UNSW Transfer

Minai since you go to UNSW and do commerce i put in a transfer next year for that course i called up the faculty and i told them that so far for first semester i have got 1 HD 1 D and 2 Credits, and they said my application is strong and it was worth applying for B.Commerce, they then said that i need to maintain those marks and possibly higher to make it more competitive..

I hope i get in, ill run down the street screaming if i get into UNSW. I got friends who go there and do Commerce and one who does Bachelor of Social Science.

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
What course are you doing now?
Anyway, those are good results. It also depends on your UAI however...because its 50% UAI and 50% 1st yr results. I hope your UAI is close to the normal UAI cutoffs, because it makes your job easier now...say if you had a UAI of 95, you'd almost certainly get into Commerce with your Semester 1 results provided your Semester 2 results are similar

monzi

HSC
Yeah Minai, thats what the lady told me when i called up, i should be fine though. I'm doing a Bachelor of business right now, and i told her that because she asked me the same thing you did, and she said it was alright so hopefully i get in i'd love to go to UNSW to finish my degree.

Is UNSW a good uni as in are the people nice? and is it a good study environment?

Toodulu

werd!
HSC
go use their library and check out the uni next time you have to do a research assignment and see for yourself
that's if you make it up those stairs...

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
What uni do you come from monzi? UNSW has a LOT of internationals (more than 50%)
The people...depends on the tutes you get...in all of my tutes there are more international students than locals, but the ones I know are friendly

I never 'study' at uni..I'm only there for class and Commerce society related stuff

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
I think someone should write up a transferring FAQ. For example, what WAM means, what GPA means (and how you calculate it), how you calculate your non-recent school levers rank, maybe past a copy of what the major University grade equivalents (Distinction average = 96 UAI, e.t.c.):).

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
Merethrond said:
I think someone should write up a transferring FAQ...
ok, will do after washie dishes. i'll need my learned friend Mr. Minai to correct me if i get it wrong.

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
Frigid said:
ok, will do after washie dishes. i'll need my learned friend Mr. Minai to correct me if i get it wrong.
I'll do a bit too if you want:).

Last edited:

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
It's detailed and its all correct, nice :)

You better make your transfer Frigid

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)