Where to start with UCAT? (1 Viewer)

ititttitti

HSC
Hey everyone, I need some advice where to start with UCAT preparation. I'm not super serious about studying medicine, but I'd like to do the UCAT anyway so I don't have any regrets. That being said I'd like to study hard enough to do good in it (like 90th percentile or so). I don't know where to start studying. I'm thinking of just doing free questions online and then maybe purchasing the Medify online course (which most people seem to agree is the best one). Is this the right way to go? Thanks.

Last edited:

idkkdi

HSC
Hey everyone, I need some advice where to start with UCAT preparation. I'm not super serious about studying medicine, but I'd like to do the UCAT anyway so I don't have any regrets. That being said I'd like to study hard enough to do good in it (like 90th percentile or so). I don't know where to start studying. I'm thinking of just doing free questions online and then maybe purchasing the Medify online course (which most people seem to agree is the best one). Is this the right way to go? Thanks.
u could probably hop into medify right away. there's also mock qs on ucat website that u should probably do closer to the exam?

JuanPablo

HSC
I also liked the ISC medical book on amazon which was useful

rubbishbear

HSC
imo the best way to start is by doing a mock exam. it might be scary at first but it allows you to experience the time pressure and most importantly pinpoint your strengths and weaknesses. Make a study plan that targets your weaknesses. Then you should start doing questions un-timed so that you can actually learn the patterns or skills needed for the questions you struggle with.

Theres actually a free mock exam day this sunday (26th) its called UCAT M.E.D, a bunch of my friends and i have signed up. You get your mock score and also get ranked against other participants. its a free resource so you should take advantage of it, esp when there arent too many free mocks around!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)