• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Where?! (1 Viewer)

Emph

HSC
Where is the stickied thread about how to write a Reflection Statement!?

There is the Viva thread, the Proposal thread, the Report thread.... but no Reflection Statement!!!

Yeah yeah I should be writing it by myself.... but suggestions would be nice :)

Emph

HSC
Another thing... can someone explain what the "concepts" are that the syllabus speaks about?

"explain the development of concepts during the process of composition making clear links between independent investigation and development of finished product"

"indicate how student realised the concepts in the final product"

HSC
N/A
Emph said:
Where is the stickied thread about how to write a Reflection Statement!?

There is the Viva thread, the Proposal thread, the Report thread.... but no Reflection Statement!!!

Yeah yeah I should be writing it by myself.... but suggestions would be nice :)
The guides Justin and myself have written so far deal with the (internal) assessments - Proposal, Viva and Report. The "Reflection Statement" is more of a "component", alongside the Journal and Major Work itself and forms the half of EE2 that is marked externally.

In a nutshell, your RS is basically a combination of your Viva and Report. If you look at those two guides and fulfill all their criteria (not to mention any RS criteria list your school may have given you), you should basically be fine for your RS.

Emph said:
Another thing... can someone explain what the "concepts" are that the syllabus speaks about?

"explain the development of concepts during the process of composition making clear links between independent investigation and development of finished product"

"indicate how student realised the concepts in the final product"
I interpret "concepts" to mean themes/ideas etc. For the second question, you may wish to explore how you feel as an author, looking at the finished product from the perspective of "how much has this changed, do I like this and what effect does this have on both myself and my intended audience?"

Last edited:

Porcia

HSC
if that is so the case - why unsticky and lock the old one (which was so valuble) that now festers somewhere on page 3/4?

HSC
N/A
Might have been something to do with tidying up the forum and writing more structured "guides" (with links to old threads which have been locked, not deleted) as opposed to keeping "discussion threads" from circa 2004 adding to the clutter on page one. But hey, what would I know?

Oh and if navigating to page 3 of the EE2 forums is painful for you, I suggest you add the old EE2 threads of your choice to your Favourites list so you can skip through all the less-valuable stuff :)

Last edited:

Porcia

HSC
but for those people like Emph dont know where it is - unlocking it to bring it back to page on would certainly render it more visible

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
I can post something up later if wanted..it'd definitely be a bit later on though.

And Lynn, what in the world is that ...anime in your post. It looks scary:(

HSC
N/A
Porcia said:
but for those people like Emph dont know where it is - unlocking it to bring it back to page on would certainly render it more visible
If I really wanted, I could go back and unlock every other circa 2004/2005/2003 etc discussion thread (the stickies of the time were informal mish mashes of posts written in those discussion threads) too, so that they can be bumped and made "more visible". But surely the 06ers are capable of clicking "page three", running a search (both on BOS forums and elsewhere, such as email inbox pages) and starting their own valuable discussion threads. At least, I assume as much, and like to think that I'm not overestimating the capabilites of your BOS EE2 cohort.

Porcia

HSC
but the question still remains: why did you lock it? there wasnt really a good reason to lock the thread if you weren't intending to replace it with one of those Documenting: etc. always replace what you take ;) anyway enough of those from my part - sorry if i had caused personal offense.

J

jhakka

Porcia said:
but the question still remains: why did you lock it? there wasnt really a good reason to lock the thread if you weren't intending to replace it with one of those Documenting: etc. always replace what you take ;) anyway enough of those from my part - sorry if i had caused personal offense.
Porcia: When we started the revamp of this forum at the beginning of the year, it was with the intention of doing a new, more detailed thread for each of the assessments and Major Work components. We have done so for all the internal assessments, and each of those were a lot of work. I know that they took me at least an hour each to write up, if only for the fact that I was trying to separate my own biases from my writing and the (two year old) knowledge of the assessments.

Since the revamp started, I have gone back to uni, been working on any weekdays when I am not there, and still attempted to balance family, girlfriend and something resembling a social life. On BOS, I have another forum to moderate, plus places like Non School to keep an eye on. As a result, my attention to this forum has been reduced. This is not to say that I have been neglecting my duties, but as it is a fairly quiet forum, I have not needed to be here as a moderator figure often. Of late it has been little more than a glance to make sure there are no flame wars going on.

Anyways, with all that going on, it becomes difficult to find the time and motivation to create a detailed, engaging and accurate thread for each assessment and major work component.

It was, however, always my intention to have one up, and always I have seen Major Work and Reflection Statement submission as something in the distant future. Not because I don't care, but because this forum is reasonably quiet and these matters seem less pressing. And because of this, the idea that the old thread might need to be re-opened at least until a new one can be created has not crossed my mind.

I will be reopening the original thread until the time in which a new thread can be made. The thread can be found here: http://community.boredofstudies.org...2/51541/documenting-reflection-statement.html

Last edited by a moderator:
J

jhakka

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)