• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

which one is most importan.....ass marks or hsc marks (1 Viewer)

++jan_H++

HSC
hei ..........guy ........

.i just wandoring which one in playing the most inportant role in our UAI ....

i know u guy will say both .........

but there should be one playing a bit more,,,,right ..........which one ....

sam04u

Comrades, Comrades!
HSC
Assesment marks are not important.... Just assessment ranks...
Ranks + HSC Mark...

rank you know?

1/24 =1st
2/24 =2nd
3/24? =3rd

You get it?

Bobness

English / Law
HSC
N/A
and the hsc mark moderates the assessment mark

the aligning means that the former is of more value to you (and i ~)

sam04u

Comrades, Comrades!
HSC
Yah... Bobness is actually correct... sort-of
I just answered generally.. since she doesn't seem like the "sharpest tool in the shed" unless ofcourse she is a foreign student. (look at the spelling...)

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
The key is to get the best rank during school and perform as best you can in the HSC exams.

All in all, just try to do your best. You cannot dodgy it.

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
bobness said:
lol got generic?

in any case be my mentor :eek:
So?

I thought it answered the initial question efficiently...

++jan_H++

HSC
get it now.... thx guy ...

and to sam04u

sorry that i don;t have good english skill,.....okay ......

A l

HSC
N/A
Your asssessment marks are moderated in accordance to your external HSC mark. In other words your marks are adjusted according to how well you perform in the external HSC exam because you can be compared to other students on a statewide basis. However, that's not to say that you can slack off at school assessments. As others have mentioned, ranks are important in school assessments because internal marks make up half of your final mark.
It doesn't matter how well you do at school, if you stumble in the external exam then your assessment marks usually go down with it. On the other hand, it doesn't matter how badly you do at school, if you excel in the external exam then your assessment marks usually go up with it. I would therefore conclude that the mark that has the greatest influence on your final HSC mark is your external exam mark.

up all nite

HSC
A l said:
Your asssessment marks are moderated in accordance to your external HSC mark. In other words your marks are adjusted according to how well you perform in the external HSC exam because you can be compared to other students on a statewide basis. However, that's not to say that you can slack off at school assessments. As others have mentioned, ranks are important in school assessments because internal marks make up half of your final mark.
It doesn't matter how well you do at school, if you stumble in the external exam then your assessment marks usually go down with it. On the other hand, it doesn't matter how badly you do at school, if you excel in the external exam then your assessment marks usually go up with it. I would therefore conclude that the mark that has the greatest influence on your final HSC mark is your external exam mark.
thats sort of releif because i havnt really done as well as i would of liked in school assesments... like is it still possible to get a ok uai if ur assesment marks arnt that great?.....as in passing but not above average

timobr0

Ευθήμιος
HSC
up all nite said:
thats sort of releif because i havnt really done as well as i would of liked in school assesments... like is it still possible to get a ok uai if ur assesment marks arnt that great?.....as in passing but not above average
simple answer: yes

up all nite

HSC
thats orite.. coz i thought uno thats it if ur assesment marks arnt that great.. i cant get into uni.. with wat i want to do...

timobr0

Ευθήμιος
HSC
up all nite said:
thats orite.. coz i thought uno thats it if ur assesment marks arnt that great.. i cant get into uni.. with wat i want to do...
remember its assessment ranks that matter not the marks

asquith

HSC
sorry a quick question. what happens if no one in your class is "abnormally smart?"
would that affect my uai?/ assessment mark/ etc.
also i dont really get the scaling thing either.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)