• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Who got holiday Homework :) (1 Viewer)

M.I.A-187

HSC
Well i know this is a silly question but for those who are doing year 12 this year (by this year i mean when school starts) Who's getting holiday homework from teachers and how you guys think about it :)

Imo....it sucked :mad1: cause it turn my holiday into a mother F##king home study period (yeah i got loads of work) but its the HSC so how much more could i expect anyway :wave: and it is much better then them to just leave us to our own ends.

Now what about you guys? However the only thing which screwed me up is that when i go back i have a test to do :mad1: thats make me feel like walking into a room with an electric chair.

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
i only got hw for modern history as we our class didn't have enough time to finish the course. besides that i do my own private study and catch up on things i missed or don't understand. and yes it might suck having hw but you still have to do it and IT WILL HELP YOU.

insert-username

Wandering the Lacuna
HSC
I didn't get any holiday homework, but I'm setting it for myself. This is an important year, and if you completely slack off these holidays it's not going to be any good. :p

I_F

M.I.A-187

HSC
Yeah the HW helped me remember something i forgot and allow me to just sum up something important. For me, i got err let see

Business studies, i got to do 3 older exams, sum up about 10 pages of things then write an essay and a business report.

In Legal studies i got to do an exam

In maths...this holiday homework sheet

In Ancient History i got to do like about 5 short essays and read through a huge amount of sources

Then in Bio i got to prepare for some really complicated experiment then be ready to do it at school and a test...:mad1: but well ahh i shall study.

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
man thats a shitload of work that your teacher set. but over the span of the holidays it shouldn't be that much.

Catwalk

HSC
we got a heap of stuff to do as well. :(

eng: read/view texts for all modules + revise jouney + practise essays for our next assessment + prepare section II & III of the AOS paper

maths: revision? no set work surprisingly!!

eco: research for case study + prepare globalisation essay + topic 2!! *dies*

business studies: topic 2

legal: research for human rights assessment + worksheets

and guess how much of all that i've done? ZILCH, ZERO, NOUGHT :uhoh:

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
Catwalk said:
we got a heap of stuff to do as well. :(

eng: read/view texts for all modules + revise jouney + practise essays for our next assessment + prepare section II & III of the AOS paper

maths: revision? no set work surprisingly!!

eco: research for case study + prepare globalisation essay + topic 2!! *dies*

business studies: topic 2

legal: research for human rights assessment + worksheets

and guess how much of all that i've done? ZILCH, ZERO, NOUGHT :uhoh:
you should start !

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC

Advanced English: Read novel

Software Design and Development: major work i.e. prototype

ichiraku

HSC
The only homework we got set was to read our set texts for english.

But we're also expected to revise term 1 work and maybe read ahead.

Riviet

HSC
N/A
I have just an english assignment on journeys to complete by the first week of school. However, I have also been doing my own revision on last term's work, and reading ahead as well as making notes for the upcoming sections and basically doing holiday work.

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
Riviet said:
I have just an english assignment on journeys to complete by the first week of school. However, I have also been doing my own revision on last term's work, and reading ahead as well as making notes for the upcoming sections and basically doing holiday work.
aye brian how many hours have u done of study now? last time i saw it, it was around 40? damn i feel so guilty. ive barely done crap the last few days ><*

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
hopeles5ly said:
aye brian how many hours have u done of study now? last time i saw it, it was around 40? damn i feel so guilty. ive barely done crap the last few days ><*
Its not how long you study but how hard\effective...

Riviet

HSC
N/A
hopeles5ly said:
Well I lost count, as you can see in my sig. :karate:

I just don't give a damn about the number of hours anymore, too busy to be keeping count. :hammer:

Emly

E.T
HSC
yeah, i have a few essays and study plans for each subject im doing... + 2 reserch tasks. im getting there, planning on spending the last week doing them though.

bassqueen16

HSC
yeah i have hw to do too:
Ancient History: Essays, sheets, sources and extended responses
English Adv.: King Lear assessment task, revise work for Journey's find texts etc
Chemistry: Study, revision on Prod of Materials etc
Maths: Study etc blegh
Studies of Religion: ISP BLEGHHHHH :(
History Extension: HEEEEEEPS of questions blegh

karoooh

HSC
Yeah, I have homework! But I'm also setting work for myself, so I'd still be doing something, even without the homework!

Maths - No homework... It's as though my teacher has given up on my class - He's fed up that the majority don't seem to give a shit, even though they say they do. I get more Maths homework with my tutor!

English - Find and study self-selected texts for the Essay due in week 4... We have to right it with reference to 5 texts

Physics - There's always homework with Physics. I'm just summing off the last topic and moving ahead as much as I can and finishing off a whole stack off sheets my teacher had fun getting photocopied...

Business - Just write up notes, read ahead and do practice questions

Ancient Hist - Finish summing up Sparta, read ahead for Rome, read as many sources as possible from a list we got, but the main priority with the reading is to finish Plutarch's Lives

Actually, that doesn't seem much... I'm still relaxing a lot these holidays - I study as much as I bludge! :p

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
English - an essay, read set novel (cloudstreet) and revise Journeys
English Ext - review terms work, read Dune and start a creative response (done, yay!)
History - nothing, just review the ww1 topic and do some hitler research
Drama - some questions, and get 2-3 mins of my performance done and polished for first week back next term.
Maths - catch up, a few exercises.
Biology - err nothing as far as i know, just review.

i feel really guilty about this. i've done about half of that stuff on the list, but, well, i dont feel like i'm doing enough. i havent done anything except like five minutes of reading for the past 2 days. damn it, need to get back to school already.

bananasmoothy

SHAKEN not StIrReD
HSC
Have a pile of work to do (i.e. all of term 4's work that I didn't do due to procrastination and thinking "I have the holidays..."), revision of prelim stuff for maths, and have assessment in 2nd week back.
And then there's the half-yearly's at the end of term 1! Argh!

Last edited:

punk_tartan

HSC
is there anyone without homework this holidays?
i have to read english novel and write practice essays
given a maths assignment
art to finish my research and "be well on my way"
and for bio and physics write my notes.......
think.. ONLY 9 MONTHS TO GO

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)