• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Who here does scuba diving? (1 Viewer)

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
No, I've been meaning to get lessons for a while. Hopefully this year, around Summer. I really want to go diving around Gordon's Bay between Clovelly and Coogee.

Sabbo

HSC
Originally posted by capsicum
no but i'd LOVE to!
do u scuba-dive??
Yeah I've been doing it now for about 3 years. Best thing I ever did. A good idea would be to stop around at a local dive shop and see if they have any "try dives" on. It's usually held in pools and you can try on the equipment and hop into the water to see what it's like (under supervision of course). Maybe visit different shops and see who you feel most comfortable with

Originally posted by eLmo
me!! :D ..i love it...such a strange feeling
Awesome! How long have you been doing it? Where do you dive normally?

Originally posted by Loz#1
No, I've been meaning to get lessons for a while. Hopefully this year, around Summer. I really want to go diving around Gordon's Bay between Clovelly and Coogee.
Yeah that's a nice spot, you can follow around a chain underwater, see some pretty nice stuff!

Last edited:

Sabbo

HSC
Yeah I agree! My next aim is to try sky diving :)

I find scuba diving quite relaxing especially with school and everything. You just enter another world and leave all worries at the surface

It's also great because you can decide how far you want to go. You can do the basic course and stick around shallow water or you can do more courses and experience new things (like night diving; now that is mad).

It's all up to you :)

If anyone has any questions feel free to ask/msg me!

Last edited:

Sabbo

HSC
logged my 68th dive on sunday.

Yeah I know it's not that much (for abour 3 years diving) but I've been out of the water (due to ear problems) and sometimes transport issues

But now that everything's fine again and that I have my P's :D I hope to get a lot more diving done :p

My current certification level is "Rescue Diver"

Here's a course overview of what you can do

http://www.bigbubble.com/courses/padi_chart.jpg

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
That's pretty impressive. I've been saying each year that I'll go, mainly because I'm always around Clovelly in the Summer so hopefully I'll get off my arse and do it this year.

eLmo

Stalker.
HSC
Only 1 year....I've been diving in fiji...
..i remember the second time, my mask was filling up with water and i started panicking - i think that was the one of the scariest experiences.. :(

Sabbo

HSC
That's pretty impressive. I've been saying each year that I'll go, mainly because I'm always around Clovelly in the Summer so hopefully I'll get off my arse and do it this year.
Hehe yeah but be warned, once you start it's pretty ADDICTIVE :D

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
Originally posted by Sabbo
Hehe yeah but be warned, once you start it's pretty ADDICTIVE :D
I've always liked snorkelling in Clovelly, so that's pretty much where it's come from. But my ears are fucked from water pressure, I have to start wearing ear plugs :(

Sabbo

HSC
Only 1 year....I've been diving in fiji...
..i remember the second time, my mask was filling up with water and i started panicking - i think that was the one of the scariest experiences.. :(
Yeah I can imagine. Must have been scary. I had some scary moments myself but I think you always learn stuff from them.

So you've just been diving in Fiji or do you dive locally as well?

Sabbo

HSC
I've always liked snorkelling in Clovelly, so that's pretty much where it's come from. But my ears are fucked from water pressure, I have to start wearing ear plugs :(
Hmm Well you can't really wear ear plugs with diving because you need to equalize to release the pressure (you know when you dive down and you ears start hurting?)

Are you sure they are actually fucked?
Have you seen a doctor about it yet

You sure it's water pressure and not an ear infection (that's what I've been having problems with)

Before you start the course you have to get a dive medical certificate anyway so it will come out there.

Last edited:

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
Yeah, well we'll see. It's only winter and I plan to hibernate until Summer.

eLmo

Stalker.
HSC
nope only in fiji- sO nice and the water is warm :) .... but my friends dad goes up the coast somewhere ...eh i dunno where exactly though :rolleyes:

Sabbo

HSC
nope only in fiji- sO nice and the water is warm :) .... but my friends dad goes up the coast somewhere ...eh i dunno where exactly though :rolleyes:
Hehe I can imagine :) Haven't been much to the tropics though, just GBR once

Originally posted by Persephone87
Advanced open water, PPB and wreck diver :)
Cool, how was wreck? Do you reckon the course is worth it?

Besides Advanced and Rescue I've done photography, nitrox and multi-level diving

Last edited:

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
I Scuba dive. I love it.

I got my Master Scuba Diver rating with PADI (I've also got a multitude of other ratings - deep, boat, shark, DPV, bouyancy control, you name it - except wreck. I got sick when I went for the course last hols, and was unable to complete it. STUPID barotrauma) when I was 14, and I've been diving in heaps of places - Fiji, Phuket, Palau, Papua New Guinea as well as Sydney.

It's the best thing I do, other than fly.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)