• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

who is doing extension history? (1 Viewer)

casanova93

Student
HSC
I am, it's a pretty good course...so far :S
What are you up to? Any ideas for your project?

leok39

HSC
thoroughly enjoying it well of course we are since our teacher is the best :D

ArtemisOrthia

HSC
thoroughly enjoying it well of course we are since our teacher is the best :D
Well, this is awkward. My class only has one student in it (that being me) and honestly, my teacher is the best. ;) She brings me goodies to eat during our offline periods. n_n But really, I hear that quite a few of the Extension History classes have great teachers across the state, it's great to hear. I couldn't imagine doing this course with a teacher that wasn't committed and dedicated; I'm very grateful for my teacher.

best course on offer for the hsc and reasonably easy to do well in, have fun this year!
I completely agree! Well, about it being the best course on offer for the HSC; not too sure about how easy it is to do well in. n_n

Good luck to everyone doing History Extension this year. Hope all your Major Works are progressing nicely. n_n

Chevalier

FutureGazer
HSC
I completely agree! Well, about it being the best course on offer for the HSC; not too sure about how easy it is to do well in. n_n
Take it from me it is easy. As long as u remain focused, used to taking an independent approach to research and learning (half the stuff u cover will be stuff u learn from ur own research, alot of it is self-taught) and most importantly of all love the course then you'll do really well. The best way to keep on top of the subject is to stay up to date with ur historical readings, but apart from that u should definitely read widely-all sorts of texts such as magazine articles, essays or even novels; heck I used one and it worked out really well for me :) ANYTHING which gives a well-grounded, informative and enlightening perspective on history can give ammunition to ur response. The markers love it cause it demonstrates that u are a well-informed, intelligent student of history, prepared and willing to do their own research instead of just regurgitating what ur teacher taught u in the classroom.

Sorry if I appear to be rambling but I hope my insights help in some way :p

Last edited:

ArtemisOrthia

HSC
Take it from me it is easy. As long as u remain focused, used to taking an independent approach to research and learning (half the stuff u cover will be stuff u learn from ur own research, alot of it is self-taught) and most importantly of all love the course then you'll do really well. The best way to keep on top of the subject is to keep on top of ur historical readings, but apart from that u should definitely read widely-all sorts of texts such as magazine articles, essays or even novels; heck I used one and it worked out really well for me :) ANYTHING which gives a well-grounded, informative and enlightening perspective on history can give ammunition to ur response. The markers love it cause it demonstrates that u are a well-informed, intelligent student of history, prepared and willing to do their own research instead of just regurgitating what ur teacher taught u in the classroom.

Sorry if I appear to be rambling but I hope my insights help in some way :p
No need to apologise, the rambling was indeed helpful! n_n Well so far so good, in terms of keeping up with the Historical Readings. My teacher has also recommended that I do practice essays each week; which has been great (we've been doing this for about 4 weeks now). The essays are really good in terms of condensing everything and 'putting-it-all-together-to-make-sense' in a sort of way.

Thank you for your time and advice. I am extremely enjoying History Extension so far. n_n

PS. Congratulations on your fantastic marks, especially for History Extension (you should be very proud!)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)