• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Who likes their 2nd sem units...? (3 Viewers)

Tabris

HSC
Seriously

ECON111 is ok, easy concepts not too hard workload (McHarg does a good job)

ECON141 is another matter, i am crap at maths, and the summations and rules look scary (french teacher's accent doesnt help there, headaches)

ACCG101 workload is abit overwhelming for the first week..... only one where they dived right into it and seems to be a large step in difficulty too

Chris Searchfield sends us to asleep half way through lecture

ISYS123 is cool, easy stuff, good lecture (Frank M.... greek teacher).......too much assignments and crap... (but then again low failre rate)

Times like these i wished i did an arts degree.....

Same old faces here and there, bored looks and sleepy people in lectures usuall stuff

bscienceboi

HSC
N/A
Chem208 - Lots of workto do. We begin first four weeks doing statistics and differentiation maths (all last year material).

ISYS123 - Been to intro lecture only. So far I like it because of the 250 pages of free printing I get. I read the notes on the second lecture about the internet and it doesn't seem to be hard.

BIOL224 - Small class. Boring lectures.

^___^
HSC
comp 125 - should be fun, programming ahoy!
isys224 - erk, hardcore SQL, i don't like it, theory side of the course sends me to sleep
isys123 - eh, i expect to turn up less than 10% of the lectures
maths237 - i'm relying on flyin' to help me :p

Cyan_phoeniX

HSC
N/A
PSY222- Same old. its a yearly sub, so we are half way. its fairly easy maths. Im finding it good, though i know some having trouble.

PSY232-yearly sub too. its good.

PSY235-interesting, but a little too social psych like.. social brings back nightmares

PSY236-interesting. hard, but i like it

PHIL232- The best unit of the lot. its an elective, but its a phil sub. therefore its good :) if i knew where philosophy led, i would major in that instead.

X

xeuyrawp

AHST101 - *Yawn*
AHST103 - The lecturer looks really interesting, but the idea of learning another ancient language is annoying me.
HIST243 - Interesting, but soo much reading.
ENGL106 - The lecturer is more boring that 95% of my sperm, but looks straight-forward.

Cyan_phoeniX said:
if i knew where philosophy led, i would major in that instead.
Don't say that! Make robbles sad:(

iwannarock

HSC
law 206 - seems ok. my tute seems good. i don't have anne but its a similar sorta lady. so i won't be forced to work.

mus 203 - probably seems like the best subject, we get to record stuff.....no midi.......no other crap just whatever we want.

mus 207 - guitar.........can't go wrong.

phil 232 - im not so sure about this subject. i like the philosophers we're studying (aristotle, kant, mill) but the subject consists of seriously........like 20 people. i've never experienced such a small subject. the tutes are gonna be so tiiiiiiiiiiiny.

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
... said:
maths237 - i'm relying on flyin' to help me :p
flyin' is relying on friends to do his quizzes and assignments... might to the project myselfs coz it looks fun. and no, flyin' isn't do your final exam coz he has to do his own =p

the units with prefix MATH are easy. the units with prefix ACST are not easy. *shrugs*

maybe i should some fun unit with prefix BAAH?

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
CrashOveride said:
ACST101 is hardcore
I reckon... It'd be even more scary, if they renamed it:
ACST123 Simple Techniques and Boring Elements of Finance. ;)

^___^
HSC
flyin - how many actuaries are doing 237? i saw a few during tueday night lect :|

and ogm, logic == win

fornstar

QUEENSLANDER!!!!
HSC
BBA102 - reminds me of business studies, which is ok

BBA111 - seems interesting, lecturer gets excited a little 2 easy

HRM107 - fucked weighting for assessments, especially the final (essay worth 60% and i cant spell!)

PSY105 - similar to PSY104, although seems heaps more organised

all in all im pretty happy, although i feel behind and its only been week 1! i can feel this semester being like the last ...

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
... said:
flyin - how many actuaries are doing 237? i saw a few during tueday night lect :|

and ogm, logic == win
[I don't know about 2nd year actuaries (because I at least saw one... but not sure why they're doing it now).]

3rd year actuaries:
2 x MATH
6 x COMP

At least eight 3rd year actuaries.

According to my program, the distribution of grades (considering 118 students) will look something like (the following are not percentages, btw):
HDs: 1-6
Ds: 9-19
CRs: 24-35

That means that some actuaries may miss out on a HD unless they go for the upper limit. I hate it when actuaries hog all the HDs.

[I have to say that MATH236 has a much higher percentage of actuaries.]

Last edited:

sukiyaki

emptiness
HSC
accg201 - sounds like accg250 minus the myob and computer stuff, sounds okay

bba250 - omg the workload of assignments o_0

accg200 - i dont understand the lecturer =(, zzzz boring

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
PHIL222 - seems fun
AHST246 - sounding better with each week
SOC180 - *yawn* been there done that
MUS207 - chics + guitars?! What could be better??
MAS105 - seems ok

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
PwarYuex said:
AHST101 - *Yawn*
AHST103 - The lecturer looks really interesting, but the idea of learning another ancient language is annoying me.
HIST243 - Interesting, but soo much reading.
ENGL106 - The lecturer is more boring that 95% of my sperm, but looks straight-forward.

Don't say that! Make robbles sad:(
Rofl?!

AHST101 lectures were boring as hell, if its still Ian Plant haha, he sent me to sleep a good number of times, but the tutorial and content is quite fascinating

AHST103 shouldnt make you learn another ancient language :| The Lobes (sp?) book of translations basically translate every facet of the course, apart from terminology, but its a lot easier than the Egyptian :p

MaryJane

Extraordinary Machine
HSC
LAW206- same old, same old. I have this male tutor who is a practising barrister, so he seems really switched on, but is like my tutor from last semester and we've already been given extra work to do. Dont mind though because its a pretty cruisy subject, and I'd like to get the most out of it.

PSY235- Agree with James, much like social, but thats why I like it! Seems as easy as social.

PSY236- Sounds hard, already into genetic makeup etc. etc, but it sounds really interesting. Have to focus and concentrate as it might end up being another PSY237 for me, but i have to be able to understand it all because I want to do psychopathology (which is all neurotransmitters and similar)

STAT270- Havent started yet, but.... meh. Its stat. I'd prefer to eat a potentially poisonous pufferfish. But is supposed to be a lot better than 170 because its more logical thinking behind the applications of tests. And I seemed to understand it last semester when I was following with Steve, so fingers crossed.

Fornstar, I totally agree- I already feel behind! Steve and I have already split the workload for psych; ones making notes on developmental and the other on biopsych & learning!

cpjeeves

Totally dibble!
HSC
N/A
EDUC 106 - Seems ok, it looks more like a history subject so far
EDUC 261 - We're messing about with these new computer classroom program things that look like fun, but the tutor I had goes too slow in explaining every obvious detail...
ENGL 265 - Easily my fave, it's focusing on medieval stuff and for reasons i'm not sure of, we'll be watching The Shining as well so I'm cheering
ENGL 286 - children's literature, seems like it's going to be more work than i expected but I've read and loved many of the set texts when i was younger, so that's good

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
ACCG201 - either the content is really simple or i am missing something. or perhaps we havent gotten into anything complicated.

ACCG253 - lot of work needed for this. attending lectures for it isnt enough.

ACST201 - need to do consistent work i feel. content doesnt seem overly hard, but need to revise a fair bit (even some stuff from 101)

STAT270 - having done stat every semester for last 2 years, i am hoping i go good in this. seems ok. reminds me a lot of stat170, maybe will need to think a little bit more for this one.

(add 30% hardness to all subjects for not having done any proper work for anything yet and for future bludgings)

boinkBOINK

hustler
HSC
N/A
bba216 - reminds me of english classes all over with all this ling talk

bba250 - havent been to a lecture yet but it looks like heaps of work. and whats with the final exam with negative marking. get the answer wrong you get deducted marks. leave the answer blank you get deducted marks. that just leaves you with one choice - to get it right

accg253 - the "introductory chapter" of the textbook confused the hell out of me. went through 3 chapters in the first lecture? wth?

psy105 - seems much ilke psy104.. i guess.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)