• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Who watched the MTV Music Video Awards last night? (1 Viewer)

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
If you watched the MTV Music Video Awards last night, why was there so much talk about people voting? They wouldn't shut up about it. Also, was the dude who presented Jay Z with a watch a comedian? If so, he wasn't very funny:p.

Auto Wah

hey i watched it, and i gotta tell you, it sucked entirely. Everything is POP,HIP HOP, Rap , RnB, and POP.

that's all there is now, hip hop and rap are exactly the fucking same. And they have all those lamers to perform, they can hardly sing their own songs.

Anyway i don't think i'll watch another one of those MTV music awards ever. Commerical music sucks.

I did watch "the big O" on SBS, it's about orgasms, did anybody watch that???

^___ShabS___^

i watched it ... yeah p diddy held a shirt that said 'vote or die' and when shaq was on stage, on the curtains it said 'vote or die' ? ...
there's a lot going on there about which of the two will make a good president ...
i think when they say 'vote or die' they mean vote for kerry if u wanna live, vote for bush if u wanna die. right? ..
also why did MA$E keep saying 'welcome back' ... ??

and yes that black dude was a comedian, the one that said 'justin timberlake i love u man but u shouldn't have apologised' ... he's a funny man

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
Auto Wah said:
hey i watched it, and i gotta tell you, it sucked entirely. Everything is POP,HIP HOP, Rap , RnB, and POP.

that's all there is now, hip hop and rap are exactly the fucking same. And they have all those lamers to perform, they can hardly sing their own songs.

Anyway i don't think i'll watch another one of those MTV music awards ever. Commerical music sucks.
I have got to agree, I was really bored after about an hour. At least Yellowcard played, they were the only decent band there:(. That is another thing, why is Yellowcard so popular all of a sudden? About six months ago they were unheard of. Also, they were nominated for "Best New Artist" when they are not even new:p.

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
~GeNie~Na~BotL~ said:
i watched it ... yeah p diddy held a shirt that said 'vote or die' and when shaq was on stage, on the curtains it said 'vote or die' ? ...
Yeah, there were a few people wearing/holding voting t-shirts and other talking about it. Then there were posters and messages on the screen, especially at the end when Outkast were playing:).

~GeNie~Na~BotL~ said:
there's a lot going on there about which of the two will make a good president ...
i think when they say 'vote or die' they mean vote for kerry if u wanna live, vote for bush if u wanna die. right? ..
I don't really know:confused:.

~GeNie~Na~BotL~ said:
also why did MA$E keep saying 'welcome back' ... ??
Which one was MA$E:confused:?

~GeNie~Na~BotL~ said:
and yes that black dude was a comedian, the one that said 'justin timberlake i love u man but u shouldn't have apologised' ... he's a funny man
Yeah, that guy. So he is a comedian? Well he wasn't very funny last night:(.

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
Oh, one more thing, is one of the band members of Linkin Park gay, because he introduced one of the guys who went up to accept the award with them as his "partner":).

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
I think MA$E does that Welcome Back Kotter cover rnb song... I could be mistaken because I don't pay much attention because i've never got the whole entire rap and rnb thing.

The entire thing was shite. And some of the fashion was just gobsmackingly awful... who would honestly wear some of that stuff out in public.

nesstar

I was under the impression that stars are trying to get the American ppl to bother voting...considering their voting is not compulsory and many ppl dun vote...Ive often seen celebs in mags wearing T-shirts etc for this cause...I dun think they care who they vote for, as long as they vote...

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
Yeah, because in the states people don't vote, but then complain someone they didn't like got in... its just generally apathetic voting system they've got so the celebs are trying to get people to vote so bush isn't reelected.

Althea

Yeah I watched - but probably only untill half way :D! A complete waste of time - it's all about rap/hip hop/r & b! They don't even appear to see that some other genres might have more talent than the three combined! And like somone else mentioned earlier - most that performed could not perform (for example, Hoobastank - I was embarrased just watching the performance!). And what was with Jessica Simpson - for those of her who saw her performance, did you notice how strange she was acting?

nesstar

Jessica Simpson = trying to be sexy but not (and she sang badly too)
Hoobastank = highly embarrassing performance

~Perfection

-Funked Up-
HSC
can someone tell me what Alicia Keys was wearing? it was revolting!
seriously, its not like she can't afford a bra..

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
nesstar said:
Jessica Simpson = trying to be sexy but not (and she sang badly too)
Hoobastank = highly embarrassing performance
Hahaha:D!

~Perfection said:
Yeah, it wasn't the best:(.

Silverstone

Obey, The Law.
HSC
Poor Britney, she's officially the Susan Lucci/Angela Lansbury of the VMA's going 18 nominations in her history...and not a SINGLE award trophy

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
Has anyone noticed that the hype surrounding Avril Lavigne has basically faded away. I remember last year she got nominated for just about everything and won a fair few awards but this year I think she only got one nomination:p.

Althea

Merethrond said:
Has anyone noticed that the hype surrounding Avril Lavigne has basically faded away. I remember last year she got nominated for just about everything and won a fair few awards but this year I think she only got one nomination:p.
Perhaps it is because her new album was released outside the time bracket for this years MTV Awards - maybe they'll be more into her next year...

Chriis

HSC
N/A
yeah i watched it,

hoobastank were terrible live, well, the vocalist anyway... it's a shame they always play the reason too, that's one of their worst songs in their album, mainly because of the overuse of it.

jet were awesome, the vocalist screams a little too much though :p I think the r&b artist I now really respect is Usher, he's really sincere about his music, and after listening to a lot of his stuff, he's really good, but not just a potty mouth bad black boy.

Yellowcard were awesome, very nice sounding live, and the vocalist was in tears, which was really cool, shows he really cares and appreciates where he is in life.

I think Lil' Jon and the Eastside Boyz playing Get Low was really cool, got everyone moving, and some of the celeb appearences were okay, I thought Will Smith and Shaq were cool, the guy on the air-boat was a jackass :p (his voice was really forced) and the bubble guy was alright, cept he kept moving around in the bubble when someone was thanking everyone for their award.

And the new artists thing is really vague, Maroon 5 won it, however they've been around for a while, well, under a different name (Kara's Flowers).

I'm glad Usher and Jet won, and I No Doubt won a fair amount of awards too, good on them.

The video game soundtrack was alright, I think there could have been better submissions, I mean, SSX3? wtf.

steph@nie

narcissistic whore.
HSC
~Perfection said:
i watched it on mtv, but her boobs.. were fucking awful.

Raiks said:
I think MA$E does that Welcome Back Kotter cover rnb song... I could be mistaken because I don't pay much attention because i've never got the whole entire rap and rnb thing.
yeh he does. its really gay too.

Silverstone

Obey, The Law.
HSC
Merethrond said:
She only ever won 1, and that was a couple of years back for BEST NEW ARTIST.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)