• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Will I be offered a course? (2 Viewers)

nozomu118

HSC
I have been set on doing the Bachelor of Science in IT Diploma of IT Professional Practice from UTS with an Atar cut-off of 83.
For my 2013 Atar however, I got an Atar of 83.10 which is just above the Atar cut-off but not enough for the guaranteed entry scheme.
What would my chances of getting an offer during the main rounds on the 16th be or would it be better if I just give up and find an alternative pathway?

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
As the cut-offs for this year haven't been announced yet - and won't be until after the main round offers are made it is too early to give up on your plan.

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
You'll almost certainly get an offer considering there are bonus points on offer, but as cem said no one can be sure until offers are released.

nozomu118

HSC
Unfortunately I am not eligible for any bonus points because I haven't been doing the subjects or haven't gotten the required band. I was also not eligible for the EAS because I don't have any disadvantages either. Is it still possible?

sirable1

HSC
Uni Grad
Just try, there are still vacancies left after the main rounds from the last 3 years of data. Considering there are spaces left, they might consider you anyway. Remember to place this course as your first preference.
Unfortunately I am not eligible for any bonus points because I haven't been doing the subjects or haven't gotten the required band. I was also not eligible for the EAS because I don't have any disadvantages either. Is it still possible?

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Besides, there's no reason to remove a preference for something you want to do.

If you don't get in, then you'll get offered something else. If you do get in, then great.

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
Fair enough, I'd still say you are more likely to get an offer than not.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)