will i get credit at unsw for commerce? (1 Viewer)

chokoholic

HSC
I have got into the Bachelor of business course at UWS, and i will be doing the following subjects:

200103.1 Accounting Reports and Decisions
200046.1 Microeconomics
200049.1 Macroeconomics

I want to transfer into Bachelor of Commerce @ UNSW (hopefully mid year). so how good do i have to go in order to achieve this (will i need like a distinction average)? also how can i find out if i would get credit for the above subjects at UNSW (if i get into B Commerce at mid semester this year)?

thanks

Last edited:

The_DJ

HSC
i think it's impossible to transfer mid semester, i think you mean mid year, but that too is close to impossible.. i think you have to apply again through uac at the end of the year.. to get into unsw is very competitive.. but yeah with a distinction avg and an OK uai.. you have a strong chance..

not sure about the transfer of units between uni's.. i think you may need special permission by the faculty.. and show them your academic transcripts.. something like that..

chokoholic

HSC
The_DJ said:
i think it's impossible to transfer mid semester, i think you mean mid year, but that too is close to impossible.. i think you have to apply again through uac at the end of the year.. to get into unsw is very competitive.. but yeah with a distinction avg and an OK uai.. you have a strong chance..

not sure about the transfer of units between uni's.. i think you may need special permission by the faculty.. and show them your academic transcripts.. something like that..
yep sorry, i meant mid year. lol :cool:

chokoholic

HSC
Frigid said:
I asked them couple of days ago, and they said that they don't give out this type of information, and we are supposed to just fill out a credit application if we are offered a spot @ UNSW.

So i thought i should ask here- coz maybe someone has already gone through this process. :D

theone123

blue essence
HSC
chokoholic said:
I have got into the Bachelor of business course at UWS, and i will be doing the following subjects:

200103.1 Accounting Reports and Decisions
200046.1 Microeconomics
200049.1 Macroeconomics

I want to transfer into Bachelor of Commerce @ UNSW (hopefully mid year). so how good do i have to go in order to achieve this (will i need like a distinction average)? also how can i find out if i would get credit for the above subjects at UNSW (if i get into B Commerce at mid semester this year)?

thanks
Umm. for macro and micro u mite get something out (ECON1011 and ECON1102) of that but for ARD i dont think u get anything for that as UNSW only have accounting 1a and accounting 1b (which is accounting and financial management 1a and accounting and financial management 1b ACCT1501 and ACCT1511)

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
chokoholic said:
I asked them couple of days ago, and they said that they don't give out this type of information
LOL don't email them now, because it's enrolment period and all uni admin ppl are full busy and they're lazzzy shit... email them later in the year...

otherwise, email this person: j.vivas@unsw.edu.au from the faculty. she gave me a straight answer last year.

i think, tho i can't be sure, that u will get Micro, Macro and Acct 1A with your subjects.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)