Will I get into Actuarial Studies? (1 Viewer)

glauben

HSC
Hey guys,
I just finished high school and recently received an ATAR OF 94.00. I also did 2U Mathematics and Extension 1 mathematics, both of which I achieved a band 6 and E4 respectively. For my UAC preferences, I have put Actuarial studies at UNSW as my first preference. So I was wondering, with these marks, I was just wondering if I will make it into this course. If not, what other ways can I get into this course, if there are any?

Thanks everone :D

D94

HSC
N/A
If there is no change from this year, and if you are looking at a 97 cut-off, then unfortunately you have no chance of getting in, since there are no HSC Plus bonus points. There may be EAS/EAP points if you are eligible.

However, you should still put it as your first preference and of course, have backups.

williamdaft

HSC
No bonus points I'm afraid for actuarial so you have to get an ATAR over 97 (last year's cutoff). Your ATAR is 94.00 so you cannot make it to UNSW's actuarial. Macquarie's cutoff is 96.00 and no bonus points for that either. Also, actuarial studies at UNSW assume that you've completed MX2.

Perhaps you can do BCom or a degree of your interest at UNSW and try to transfer after your first semester.

Praer

HSC
Uni Grad
I doubt you'll be able to get an offer unless you have an EAS or AAA. Plus 4Unit Maths is assumed knowledge, and it'll apparently be very hard to keep up without that solid base knowledge of ex2

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)