wisdom teeth (1 Viewer)

iloveeggs

HSC
guys has anyone had wisdom teeth taken out? i have to get 3 of them out in a proper surgery and i only have 2 dates to choose from, one in 10 days and one at the end of june. i'm super unsure about how much it hurts when left untreated (rn it hurts but its not too bad) as well as what post-op recovery is like. i have 2 major assessment things (one due in week 5 and one in week 8) and a depth study that is ongoing which i will have to make up for in my own time alongside recovery if i choose to have surgery sooner. this is why i prefer the later date but idk if ill die of the pain while i wait. any advice?

randomuser246

HSC
I got 2 wisdom teeth taken out last year and tbh its not that bad it only took about 2 days to recover. I think that the close date should be fine even with the upcoming assessments. I could still do school work the next day.

iloveeggs

HSC
I got 2 wisdom teeth taken out last year and tbh its not that bad it only took about 2 days to recover. I think that the close date should be fine even with the upcoming assessments. I could still do school work the next day.
yeah i got told the recovery time would be like 3 days or so. hopefully i handle the pain well

carrotsss

HSC
i had 4 out last year, it really wasn’t too bad but I’d avoid having to do much study in the week after you get them out because you won’t really feel like it at all. pain really isn’t too bad, just eat a lot of ice cream and you’ll be ok, keeping track of the ice packs and swapping them and stuff is a bit annoying though

iloveeggs

HSC
hey guys turns out i have to wait another 2 odd months to get surgery 😭 any tips for pain management until then? my dentist told me to take 6 nurofens a day, 1 every 4 hour, but its making me too sleepy to function. icing it doesnt do much and also its really cold where i live. fml

aqwerty13402

HSC
guys has anyone had wisdom teeth taken out? i have to get 3 of them out in a proper surgery and i only have 2 dates to choose from, one in 10 days and one at the end of june. i'm super unsure about how much it hurts when left untreated (rn it hurts but its not too bad) as well as what post-op recovery is like. i have 2 major assessment things (one due in week 5 and one in week 8) and a depth study that is ongoing which i will have to make up for in my own time alongside recovery if i choose to have surgery sooner. this is why i prefer the later date but idk if ill die of the pain while i wait. any advice?
get it over and done with ‼

carrotsss

HSC
hey guys turns out i have to wait another 2 odd months to get surgery 😭 any tips for pain management until then? my dentist told me to take 6 nurofens a day, 1 every 4 hour, but its making me too sleepy to function. icing it doesnt do much and also its really cold where i live. fml
how much do they hurt? 6 nurofens a day seems a bit overkill unless it’s really bad

iloveeggs

HSC
how much do they hurt? 6 nurofens a day seems a bit overkill unless it’s really bad
most of the day its 4/10 so its ignorable but i cant chew anymore bc it hurts and sometimes it gets horrible so like an 8/10 which usually happens when im trying to sleep at night. i still think 6 nurofens is overkill bc i tried 4 in a day and i felt so drowsy so i just take them when serious pain kicks in

Ellztrap

HSC
Uni Grad
I had many trouble with my wisdom teeth.
I had mine out through the public system as I had a healthcare card so it took 2 years from referral to getting them out.
my bottom left one kept coming up and going down, coming up and going down, and it got infected twice and man that was painful. I had to go to the ED and get lignocaine injected into my face to get any relief while waiting for the antibiotics to work.

anyway, sm33 gel is a numbing gel from the pharmacy that can work well to numb the gums if that’s what’s sore! Be careful when taking nurophen as well, as it can cause stomach ulcers and gastrointestinal bleeding when taken in high doses and for an extended time period (make sure to take it with food)

iloveeggs

HSC
I had many trouble with my wisdom teeth.
I had mine out through the public system as I had a healthcare card so it took 2 years from referral to getting them out.
my bottom left one kept coming up and going down, coming up and going down, and it got infected twice and man that was painful. I had to go to the ED and get lignocaine injected into my face to get any relief while waiting for the antibiotics to work.

anyway, sm33 gel is a numbing gel from the pharmacy that can work well to numb the gums if that’s what’s sore! Be careful when taking nurophen as well, as it can cause stomach ulcers and gastrointestinal bleeding when taken in high doses and for an extended time period (make sure to take it with food)
oof that must have been a pain. nah my gums are all good bc my wisdom tooth are still well underneath my gum and instead theyre growing horizontally and pushing at the root of my next tooth. yeah i quit taking the nurofen like they asked me to and im just taking it when needed now. thanks for the advice tho

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)