Work Placement (1 Viewer)

fornar

HSC
Where did everyone did their work placement for this course?

Mine was split into 2 seperate weeks.

First week in yr11 was at a small IT shop that gave minimal support as there where only to guys working there.
Was called Stream Services. Was pretty good for the first place as hadn't worked in any other IT place.

Second week for yr 12 was done at a IT consulting firm called
Masson Systems Engineering. It involved networking, ISP, everything from the ground up. Was differently the better of the 2.

staree

HSC
N/A
well... mine was split in two YEARS!
first in yr11 I worked at a place called Peacemakers Ink. A christian publishing company printing place, they changed their name to Storm Harvest now tho.
and in Yr 12 I worked at the local newspaper place.
very boring at newspaper, only typed. peacemakers was pretty good. they were at least teaching me things!

Striker

well the first week was done in year 11 when i was at miller tafe (near liverpool) at a computer shop called ECOM Computers in parramatta! it's was dead boring considering the shop relied heavily on customers coming in, there were about 10 each day! and most of the time all i could do was ask "hi, how can i help you?" then they'd ask for the price of something then i'd have to ask the only guy that worked there! i killed time by talking to the other 2 work experiencees from other schools and played counter strike and other lan games!

but this year, year 12, i transferred to granville tafe (after hearing how bludgy and easy they got it) and we don't do work placement! we got this assignment in lieu of work placement!
fun? i think not! its due in august and we got it in march!

can i ask, is everyone else's tafe as bludgy as granville tafe? we start at 1.30pm, then we get the work and we do what we want and leave when we want, soemtimes an hour later!

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
In year 11 i did my work placement at AJB Publishing which publishes the PC Authority magazine and i think Atomic magazine too. I had a great time fiddling around with all the latest hardware and software while they were reveiwing it etc. it was very worthwhile. In yr 12 i went to Telstra, On air networks division. They were basicly responsible for writing software for the WAP networks. I pretty much did networking and formatting etc.

debugz

HSC
i didnt do VET but, i went to work exp anyway, at IDG Communications in st. leonards... they publish PC World, PC Buyer etc etc. most boring week ive ever had... besides pinching two years worth of those cover cd's, they did let me design one of those Paper slips that come in the plastic wrapping when ur monthly subscription is delivered. WOooh!.. very fun >:/

worked in subscriptions aswell... got to add in names, and how long they paid for subscriptions.... weeee... subscribed myself for 2 years ...

what i wouldnt do for free demo software

Big Willy

Cabra Junkie RULES
HSC
Dee Why Computer Exchange - one week (i droped a computer hahaha)
Manly High School - networking and shit

chosen_one

eCom :-(

well the first week was done in year 11 when i was at miller tafe (near liverpool) at parammatta
OMG MAN seriously think urself lucky in year12 i went to eCOM in Wynyard spent so much money on fares and had to buy lunch in the city and they made me the clean the joint up and pack boxes i ended up leaving on the last day coz they told me to take out all these boxes of rubbish to the bins

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)