• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

working around uni holidays (1 Viewer)

biancaaa

HSC
Hi all.

I wanted your opinions on my prospects of finding a job that fits in with my schedule. I'm from Newcastle but moving to Canberra to study at ANU in 2010. I desperately need a job (gap years are spectacular money eaters, my god) but I'm kinda freaking out that I won't be able to find one that's flexible enough.

When I'm in Canberra I just need to be able to fit in work around uni, so that's no problem, but during uni holidays I'll be back in Newcastle. Will I find many employers willing to hire someone who's going to leave for big chunks of time? Has anyone else found this a problem?

Thanks. :)

BlackDragon

HSC
Supermarkets are usually okay. Though it depends. Lots of my friends were able to work at coles and woolworths only when they went back home for the holidays, but my boss didn't like it. A big store like that is usually really flexible though. Big W, Kmart, anything like this would be good.

ambermorn

Tic Tac addict.
HSC
N/A
I have a friend who works at a bar during uni, and then comes back to Sydney in her holidays. Wherever you work, it'd definitely depend on how large the place is, the smaller the workplace, the more likely they are to depend on you being available.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)