• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Working poll for cricketers (1 Viewer)

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
When i play i dont tend to bowl that much, if i do i probably go offspin or medium pace. Whilst batting, I tend to change depending on situation. Most times i play aggressively but when i feel confident i play through gaps mainly with offside drives

budj

HSC
When I bowl its normally med pace. Batting usually i come around 7th position and I adopt an agressive standpoint.

dave_119

Banned
HSC
used to bowl leg spin, but gave up to concentrate on my batting...

bat #4/5.. pick up singles until round 20 (with boundaries) pick the gaps util about 50-75.. past 75 aggressive

blackfriday

Pezzonovante
HSC
opening bat usually, also managed to take the new ball this season (against a really crap team that is).

pirate

The last couple of seasons i have been introduced with the new ball. i usually change my style depending on the batter. If the batter doesn't have a helmet on, i come around the wicket and fire some short balls in or around the chest/head region to shake them up a little, then bowl the just short of a good length deliveries then fire in the occasional yorker. i always keep them thinking of what the next ball could be.

I also have the opening batting position as well. i sorta play the night-watchmen until i reach the 25s, then i play my shots with more force. this year my lowest score is 24 and that is through a lofted sweep that was caught on the boundary, apart from that i'm averaging 30s

MuffinMan

Juno 15/4/08 :)
HSC
pirate said:
The last couple of seasons i have been introduced with the new ball. i usually change my style depending on the batter. If the batter doesn't have a helmet on, i come around the wicket and fire some short balls in or around the chest/head region to shake them up a little, then bowl the just short of a good length deliveries then fire in the occasional yorker. i always keep them thinking of what the next ball could be.

I also have the opening batting position as well. i sorta play the night-watchmen until i reach the 25s, then i play my shots with more force. this year my lowest score is 24 and that is through a lofted sweep that was caught on the boundary, apart from that i'm averaging 30s
lol no helmet against pace...thats suicide

MuffinMan

HSC
o btw opening a pos 1 or 2?

lol i love batting w/ RH batsman
wastes their time hafta change field
more time they waste less overs they get unless they speed up the pace of the game

furryfish

1337 h4x0r
HSC
leg spin is fun to bowl... pitch it correctly and get enoguh spin, theyre gone!! but a bit off and youre over teh fence for six :D

MuffinMan

HSC
opening is quite good...at least u don't have to walk out when a teammate got out i like 2 better but

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
in my last season with the school 2nd XI i opened bat and bowl most of the time.

loved playing against shitty teams. got my century last yr too! hit 7/8 sixes and bought up century with one aswell. lol it was a small ground though. hit a six with a leg glance behind square!

that game was awesome. btw, it was only a 30 over game and i batted for about 20.

i've had bad experiences as well though....in my 2nd yr of cricket in U14's i was on 63 and got smacked in the head. top edged a pull shot. no helmet + glasses = risky. had to retire hurt
another time when i opened against this really fast bowler who i knew from primary school and i was very much out of form. he kept bowling short stuff and i was hit about 5-10 times around the hip area. when i bowled i bowled to that same guy. firstball...bouncer in his ribs. he got knocked out a bit. second ball....smacked him in the hamstring area below the ass. went off the field crying.

cricket was fun. no time now.

MuffinMan

HSC
Questions to answer:

1. Batting pos (1-11)
2. Batting Style (R/L H)
3. Fav Shot
4. Bowling Style (e.g R/H medium)
5. Usual fielding pos

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
1. 4
2. RH
3. straight down the ground over bowlers head chopping/edging it down to squarish third man region
4. pace and leg spin
5. point

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)