Would Farenheight 451 be a good related text for the Crucible? (1 Viewer)

Masaken

Unknown Member
HSC
i think it would be, because both texts do have underlying themes and ideas in common (especially the idea of extremism and its antagonistic nature).

Blokxs

HSC
i think it would be, because both texts do have underlying themes and ideas in common (especially the idea of extremism and its antagonistic nature).
Apparently, my school is allowing us to choose texts that don't necessarily have to have the same themes/human experiences and we're probably just writing about how each text is effective in expressing and exploring a certain experience.

Masaken

Unknown Member
HSC
Apparently, my school is allowing us to choose texts that don't necessarily have to have the same themes/human experiences and we're probably just writing about how each text is effective in expressing and exploring a certain experience.
oh that makes your task a lot easier i think, however i feel like it would be more effective to pick a related text with common themes/human experiences as your prescribed one as you would be able to distinguish/express how both explore and express the one experience because they're both going to do it in different ways (especially if one does it very differently through different contextual values/eras, characterisation, etc)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)