Would i get penalise for? (1 Viewer)

expertdkx

B.IT Network Security
HSC
Uni Grad
if in the exam i write my prescribed textb "Away" but then u need a related text on top so would the related text be counted if i write other presecribed texts that is mentioned on the exam paper eg.

Drama - Away

poerty - Immigrant Chronicle

film - Rabbit Proof Fence

would i be penalise if i write my prescribed text "AWAY" and perhaps the poetry or the film...
is it ok to do that or not?

just 1 more month b4 the exam!

HSC
Um, I'm not entirely sure whether it is allowed or not but I know it would not be advised, especially if you are studying these other texts. Part of the criteria of the course is that you demonstrate wide reading and can source good, relevant texts.

nrs1990

HSC
There's also the risk the marker won't know which your set text is -- and could mark you down for not writing as well about 'Immigrant Chronicles' or 'Rabbit Proof Fence' as someone who's actually studied it in class. It also doesn't make as good an impression on the marker, who could be prejudiced against you for your choice of texts. The teachers at my school recommend against using another prescribed text as one of your additionals.

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
I strongly advise against using other prescribed texts. The whole point of finding a related text is for you to apply your understanding of the topic. You're not showing that when you write about a prescribed text as a related text.

Bad move, do not do.

N

Nicola1616

I agree - bad move. I thought that even in chosing your ort way back when that you are seriously disuaded from chosing something else already on the curriculum. The idea being I think that because it is studied by so many that there is little chance of you using your own work. Most importantly CHOOSING a text demonstrates your understanding of the whole area, you know, because you can see the connected ideas and themes, so they would think that you have clearly not put any thought into it if its already identified as related, by the board.

Don't do it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)