Would you recommend engineering to a recent high school graduate? (1 Viewer)

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
If they don't mind 28 contact hour weeks (compare to 24 for science, 12 for law, and eight for arts) as well as never EVER ending assessment, a lack of sleep, the eternal "geek" stereotype, no women (changing) and dorky t-shirts ("I like my women like I like my coffee - ground up and in the freezer") then hell yeah.

Of course, I know a bunch of engineers who wouldn't trade it, and personally I don't blame them. Despite the crappy pay from stupid bosses who never do what you tell them to, engineering is a job where you can actually create in a clever and not retarded artsy way. You, as an engineer, will be providing buckets of people with a creation that FUNCTIONS - satisfaction megaplus.

That is, if it gets approval and funding. Think Dilbert.

shannonm

HSC
N/A
remember that just because you do engineering does not mean you actually ending up being an engineer as a job

jm1234567890

Premium Member
HSC
shannonm said:
remember that just because you do engineering does not mean you actually ending up being an engineer as a job
the problem with that argument is that why would you do engineering in the first place then?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)