writing (1 Viewer)

drm

HSC
how should i improve my writing, especially essay writing? i especially feel like my expression is atrocious, like i find it so difficult to turn my thoughts into coherent sentences that sound good and flow well, and it doesn't help that my vocabulary is quite limited (i have the same issue with mod c creatives btw). with only a month and a half before trials, how do i transform my writing game to a 20/20?

Masaken

Unknown Member
HSC
how should i improve my writing, especially essay writing? i especially feel like my expression is atrocious, like i find it so difficult to turn my thoughts into coherent sentences that sound good and flow well, and it doesn't help that my vocabulary is quite limited (i have the same issue with mod c creatives btw). with only a month and a half before trials, how do i transform my writing game to a 20/20?
Read Band 6-style exemplars and critical readings (from jstor etc) for your text, and try to emulate and imitate their style of writing, steal a few phrases here and there and integrate them into your essay (no, your teacher will not notice. My teacher actually encouraged it). Pull up Google for 'word [synonym]' as well, just make sure you don't be too pedantic with flowery, archaic vocabulary that makes no sense (eg. something like 'Keats telegraphs the transience of life' works wonders without being too flowery as compared to 'Keats shows life is short')

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)