• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Year 11 Chem --> Year 12 chem (1 Viewer)

qwertyuiop

HSC
Hello everyone!
Can anyone tell me how much content in chemistry in year 11 is necessary for year 12? Do you need a really solid background to do well in year 12?

madharris

HSC
N/A
Year 11 and 12 doesn't really correlate too much.
There will be a few things that you will need to know, however you skim over them if need be
some of these things include like equations, bonding, hydrocarbons, just a few things here and there

I found that year 11 was what chemistry is and year 12 was more like what chemistry is used for

AnimeX

HSC
N/A
Apart from some minor concepts, most of the important stuff is repeated.

Although you should be understanding the year 11 content, it's not really a requirement for the HSC course I believe. However the background info is really useful for explaining concepts and whatnot.

Personally I don't remember much of the prelim course.

Streetboy

HSC
N/A
For premilinary, remeber the different types of bonding hydrogen bonding, covalent bonding ( when electrons completely their outer shelll, ie. 8 electrons), inter and intra molecular bonding, chemistry of certain atoms, molecular bonding, physical and chemical properities, then open your textbook, study the shit there and suck up to your teachers, that wahy there their to help you.

your will learn all these again in year 12, at some point and make sure you can balance you equations and write them out properly, otherwise how your gona support you answers.

I never lost a single mark, if I do, which I never will... pay attendtion to the question and answer it proplerly, look at the verb, memorize all you chemistry notes by heart, that way you can get full marks easily. Good luck, now

Ask me, if you have a question, don't forget chemistry is easy easy easy as, just learn you notes properly and do ebough examples till you can't sleep, study 10 hours a day like me, become genius with a big brain and solve harder maths questions and learn, how to use you time, aotherwise you fucked.

Go eat healthy, now go to study for 10 hours if you want 99.95,

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)