Year 12 Struggles (1 Viewer)

Cosmo Hatton

HSC
Hello,
I am in Term 2 of Year 12 (as Year 12 starts Term 4 of Year 11) and just finished all of my assessments for this term. I did pretty bad in most of them. Is there still hope? (I haven’t got marks back yet).

Also fellow Multimedia people, I have a question: I am in the middle of my Major Work, it’s a website and now I think about it, it seems boring. What should I do to make it get me good marks? Also, I am terrible at making portfolios for my Multimedia assessments, is there any ways I can make it really good too?

Sorry this has to be so many questions, Year 12 is a little stressful now.

Thanks

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
I will respond to your first question. Whether a comeback is possible depends on a number of factors. First, the level at which you performed in your assessment tasks/exams for the first term of year 12 can impact the significance of unfavourable performance in your assessment tasks/exams for the second term of year 12, whereby favourable performance in your assessment tasks/exams for the first term of year 12 mean that a comeback is more achievable, whereas unfavourable performance in your assessment tasks/exams for the first term of year 12 means that you have further reduced your chances of a comeback through unfavourable performance in your assessment tasks/exams for the second term of year 12.

Second, your ranks across your subjects are important in determining your Assessment Mark (internal mark). The higher your rank in each of your subjects, the higher your Assessment Mark can be, and vice versa. This means that maximising your chances of a comeback requires you to perform at the highest possible standard in your upcoming assessment tasks/exams, allowing you to place high relative to your cohort.

Third, the weighting of your assessment tasks/exams is important. Unfavourable performance in a task with a significant weighting will likely have a more negative impact on your overall performance when compared to unfavourable performance in a task with a less significant weighting. At the same time, it is reasonable to assume that there is still a significant percentage of your internal component that is yet to be completed/determined, giving you a good opportunity to make a comeback.

Lastly, whether a comeback is possible depends on your own academic goals. A student aiming to achieve a very high ATAR will not be able to tolerate multiple instances of unfavourable performance as that would significantly reduce their chances of achieving their goal. On the other hand, a student aiming to achieve a slightly lower (but still high) ATAR may still be able to achieve it while being in a position similar to yours. This is why it is crucial that, regardless of your position, you do your utmost to perform at the highest possible level.

I hope this helps! :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)