Year 12 Subject Selection HELP!!!! (1 Viewer)

Ss622

HSC
Currently doing:
English Adv
English Ext
Maths Adv
Maths Ext
Business Studies
Japanese Continuers.
Chemistry...

Thinking of dropping Eng ext and picking up Jap ext but not sure if I should continue with 3u mathematics.
I am okay at calculations but terrible at reasoning... so any suggestions???:drink:

jakebolton4

HSC
Hi from my experience in the HSC 2 years ago I would be thinking about dropping one of the extensions to take the pressure off your shoulders. I hope this helps a little :/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DatAtarLyfe

Booty Connoisseur
HSC
Think it through carefully and then make your decision. Look at your marks for your 3u, better yet use an atar calculator and enter you average marks just to get a feel about how your atar is gonna be like. If your atar aim is affected by your 3u mark, then you should consider dropping it. 3u only gets harder and so if you struggle with it in prelim, then maybe continuing it in year 12 can be a bad decision. Also, factor into your decision if you enjoy it or not cause no point continuing it if you don't, plus you can pick up something that you actually do enjoy instead, like what you said about jap ext.

If by reasoning you mean proofing, then that can be problematic as proofs make up ~50% of the course. Almost all the topics can ask a question about prooving but it can definitely be a skill that can worked on.

Ultimately, if you do decide to drop it's not that big of an issue as 2u can be challenging on its own and scales/aligns pree decently. Good luck and all the best :)

WrittenLoveLetters

배고파
HSC
If you're doubting your 3U maths and have no justification of "Hey, I'll keep it, I can improve this for Year 12".
Then maybe consider dropping and just doing well in 2U?

I mean, the difference between just a 2U student and a 2U/3U student, is that the 3U student is confident in their maths (unless they are delusional, seriously, there are people with 20% marks in our grade and believe they can do 4U). Well, thats my class anyways, being top, a majority, if not, all, are confident in our ability and will continue 3U, or advance towards 4U.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)