• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Yet another BBus/BScIT Thread... (1 Viewer)

auzmericans

Fancy Dress Party...
HSC
Just a question for someone of higher knowledge :p

My mate got a higher UAI than he expected (89.0 with EAS scheme so thats 89.0 - 99.0 depending on EAS places plus 5 bonus points from his courses, theoretically as high as 104.0 UAI ... lol ) and forgot to change his preferences, so he got into BBus @ UTS but really he wanted to do a double like BBus/BEconomoics or Commerce or something. In the end he decided he is a big IT nerd like me aswell and wanted to maybe do the BBus/BScIT instead.

Now the questions are.
A) Is the BBus/BScIT something you think he might be what he wants if hes sure he wants about 75% Bus, 25% IT.

B) If he decides he does want the BBus/BScIT, he'd have to forgo his Main Round Offer to BBus, and try for the BBus/BScIT in the late round, but doesn't want to try that unless hes sure he'd get a place, if he didnt, he'd be up shit creek without a paddle because then he can't get back his BBus place or the BBus/BScIT spot...

Any ideas?

Huratio

Moderator - UTS
HSC
auzmericans said:
Just a question for someone of higher knowledge :p

My mate got a higher UAI than he expected (89.0 with EAS scheme so thats 89.0 - 99.0 depending on EAS places plus 5 bonus points from his courses, theoretically as high as 104.0 UAI ... lol ) and forgot to change his preferences, so he got into BBus @ UTS but really he wanted to do a double like BBus/BEconomoics or Commerce or something. In the end he decided he is a big IT nerd like me aswell and wanted to maybe do the BBus/BScIT instead.

Now the questions are.
A) Is the BBus/BScIT something you think he might be what he wants if hes sure he wants about 75% Bus, 25% IT.

B) If he decides he does want the BBus/BScIT, he'd have to forgo his Main Round Offer to BBus, and try for the BBus/BScIT in the late round, but doesn't want to try that unless hes sure he'd get a place, if he didnt, he'd be up shit creek without a paddle because then he can't get back his BBus place or the BBus/BScIT spot...

Any ideas?
A) The BBus/BScIT course is a bit more 50% Business, 50% IT. If he wanted to do something closer to 75% Business and 25% IT, he could stay in the straight B Business degree and do a Information technology major as his second major (http://www.handbook.uts.edu.au/directory/maj02041.html). This would also mean he could graduate in 3 years rather than 4 years.

B) I'm a bit rusty on the UAC workings, but would a preference of:

(1) B Bus/BScIT
(2) B Bus

work? I'm not quite sure, but even if you do accept your main round offer, you can still be offered a course in the late round (and then withdraw from your main round offer). Your going to have to double check this with UAC or the UTS admissions staff.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)