You know when ur mum told you to stop playing games (2 Viewers)

taco man

don't know don't care
HSC
http://australianit.news.com.au/articles/0,7204,16211981^15306^^nbv^,00.html

Marathon gamer dies

AUGUST 10, 2005

A SOUTH KOREAN man who played computer games for 50 hours almost non-stop died of heart failure minutes after finishing his mammoth session in an internet cafe.

The 28-year-old man, identified only by his family name Lee, had been playing on-line battle simulation games at the cyber cafe in the southeastern city of Taegu, police said.
Mr Lee had planted himself in front of a computer monitor to play on-line games on August 3. He only left the spot over the next three days to go to the toilet and take brief naps on a makeshift bed, they said.

"We presume the cause of death was heart failure stemming from exhaustion," a Taegu provincial police official said by telephone.

Mr Lee had recently quit his job to spend more time playing games, the daily JoongAng Ilbo reported after interviewing former work colleagues and staff at the internet cafe.

After he failed to return home, Mr Lee's mother asked his former colleagues to find him. When they reached the cafe, Lee said he would finish the game and then go home, the paper reported.

He died a few minutes later, it said.

South Korea, one of the most wired countries in the world, has a large and highly developed game industry.

Reuters

listen cause this mite happen

Last edited:

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
meh at least Korea is technologically about 3-5 years ahead of australia....

wanton-wonton

HSC
Deus said:
meh at least Korea is technologically about 3-5 years ahead of australia....
Yeah but that doesn't stop the fact that the guy is an idiot.

studynoob

HSC
N/A
wow!!! he beat my record by 23 hours yeah i played 27 hours non-stop back in 2003 when a new ladder came out for diablo 2 pretty addictive i was fine after like a 2 day sleep!!!

diablo 2 sucks now thou!!! :)

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
hahahaha sorry but i find that pretty hilarious. I really cant imagine how somebody could possibly play computer games for so long...pretty twisted :s

Riewe

HSC
This is just Darwinism. Someone who wants to spend 50 hours playing games does not deserve his genes to be spread further.

kow_dude

HSC
I heard a similiar story a while ago where a korean died from DIABLO 3 days straight. I think that is the article for it.

Meldrum

Banned
HSC
I hate Wow.

My bet's on him playing Counter-Strike. Despite the fact that its coding is 1/6 that of most multiplayer games, dumb azns still find it amusing.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
Wasn't he playing starcraft or something?
I'm kinda hating WoW too atm cuz it takes too long to create characters and there are too many lame faggots. U have no idea how many people are in the "US Military" and play WoW.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)