• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Your parents view on HSC (1 Viewer)

Tabris

HSC
just wandering, do u ever get annoyed with your parents who just constantly ask u on how your doing?

My parents think the sky is about to fall every time i do bad......

they have an unrealistic picture that the HSC is the be all or end all and soemtimes they get carried away with it.....

just wandering whats your parents view on your HSC performance?

smegthehead

is chairman kaga
HSC
my parents are the kind of parents who really only look at the bi-annual report card, say "well done son", and not say a word for another 6 months. I like it that way, you don't feel as pressured. They know there's life after the HSC, even if you go horrible, so i don't mind them :)

HSC
they have an unrealistic picture that the HSC is the be all or end all
lol, mine too!! they believe if i screw up the HSC my life is basically over...i'll end up as a hobo, on the dole, or some toilet cleaner. oh and their perception of doing OKAY in the HSC is early 90s.. yes...i have hard to please parents and they really put the pressure on you. :mad1:

m1nx

HSC
'cause I go to some crazy ass school, I've seen my share of kids cracking under the pressure of their parents looming over them, expecting them get 99.999999% each and every exam and going crazy when they don't deliver. personally, however, I'm pretty lucky to have my parents who are amazingly supportive of whatever whim i set my sights on (okay, MOST of my whims, heh)~ for my entire academic life, my mom especially has always had this thing where she says "I can't ask anything more than your best, sweetie. If this is your best, that's wonderful~ I'm so proud of you." (repeat x 476527836501357) ... unless of course I mooch and say "well... no... not really...", but even then, it's still kind of the same. (it's like that whole thing where they're "quietly disappointed 'you-know-what-to-do'" VS "loud crazy psychotic screaming fit") it's me more than anyone putting the pressure on me to do better.

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
My mum knows it isn't the be all and end all being a school teacher herself. But she does realise it's ultimate importance and wanted me to get the best result I could.

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
"Its your HSC not mine"

+angst+ I've had a rough year so far and expect more to come +/angst+

happyme

Originally posted by Tabris

they have an unrealistic picture that the HSC is the be all or end all and soemtimes they get carried away with it.....
Hahaha right.... which is why non-uni graduates live rich.

Mostly everyone i come across didn't graduate from uni and they live in big houses and have nice cars. Those who do graduate from uni aren't that wealthy just in the middle class (depends who you come across i guess).

HSC is a load of shit.

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
I GOT into Uni and they are still really concerned.

*argh rips hair out of head*

*girl04*

hey every1, how r u?
HSC
N/A
my parents keep trying to tell me it isnt everything, but then if i do bad in something they r like omg omg u stuffed up and yeah

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
My parents were like, just do the best that you can. And if u can get into uni, then great or just go to tafe. They were happy as long as i was happy. They were over the moon when i got into uws.

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
my mum is my main grievance but she is overseas at the moment so u have no idea how strange it is to walk in the door and be able to get right down to study without the nagging and pressure comments about this damn hsc! she thinks she's is being helpful but she's just being bloody irritating and disruptive!

Will_Sparky

Left BOS 8/7/2005...
HSC
My parents now make fun of me stressing and think that its all a joke.. but the second i stop, they yell at me for not working... there really weird

*girl04*

hey every1, how r u?
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Will_Sparky
My parents now make fun of me stressing and think that its all a joke.. but the second i stop, they yell at me for not working... there really weird
thatz sort of like mine. mum is always like itz not the end of the world and im like i never said it was!

ameh

dirty trick
HSC
N/A
i told my parents the hsc isnt the end all and blah blah...they just made a remark about their super and not being able to live off ME when im older if i fail

abdooooo!!!

Banned
Originally posted by amoz_lilo
i told my parents the hsc isnt the end all and blah blah...they just made a remark about their super and not being able to live off ME when im older if i fail
tell them to save and invest now... so you can drop out of school and live off their capitals in the future. :)

m1nx

HSC
Originally posted by Will_Sparky
hahaha! :D that's brilliant! my parents are currently revelling in the fact that they see their daughter so much more than what they ever used to. in the last week of holidays they were always like, "why aren't you out?!? is something wrong?" :p

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
my parents didn't care, they realised it wasn't the end of the world, but of course if i ha been doing badly they would have been worried

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)