YR 11 Prelim Subject Selection (1 Viewer)

broly_29

HSC
I am thinking of choosing the following subjects for next year (prelim yr 11):

2 unit advanced oor standard (not sure yet)
Ext 1 maths
2 Biology
2 Chemistry
2 Physics
1 Sports, Lifestyle

Please share ur ideas on doing all three science. Can i achieve a high UAI with these courses?

Can I achieve a high UAI if i do standard english? plz share ur thoughts

mednerd

HSC
N/A
phy, chem and bio are good scaling subjects...if u do well in all ur subjects..doing all 3 sciences may be hard but some link with each other...eg. u may need to know a bit about elements for physics....if u like it go for it!

priesty

formerly wm_abusef
HSC
no one can stress enough how important it is to do subjects you know u will enjoy as well.... you must take that into consideration. doing subjects you know or think you will enjoy will keep you motivated to study and work in them!

karnoganguli

HSC
If you like science like me then go ahead with it. Yes. All three sciences. I made the mistake of doing ancient history over biology... bad mistake. As for SLR, thats a waste because you can fill it with another subject. Say for example your struggling and doing poorly in a subject then dropping it means you'll do 10 units which is risky. Alternatively you'll be doing 12 units where your not going to work with a two unit- again a waste.

NOTE: you can pick up a subject but it could be at your disadvantage because you have to catch up.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)